SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keep your powder dry and keep up the fight for the truth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris in Tennessee
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Keep your powder dry and keep up the fight for the truth Reply with quote

My great uncle Budd (USMC) who was captured by the Japs in the Phillipines during WWII and later escaped to hide with the natives is damn proud of you Swiftees. He is now living his twilight years in a nursing home with various ills but I know he would thank you if he could so I'm writing this in his stead. We simply can not risk turning over our nation to a man who turned on his own unit and country during a time of war by giving aid and comfort to the enemy. How could anyone trust such a man to be our commander in chief?

God bless you Swiftees and keep up the fight!
togglea1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your post Chris from Tennessee. I, too, am a fellow Tennessean and my heart and soul stands up and shouts at what these brave men are doing for their country. I am 59 years old and did not serve in Vietnam. I graduated from a state school in 1963. Married my sweetheart 3 months later. I was eighteen and she was seventeen. If I remember correctly they were drafting 21 and 22 year olds when I got married. At age 20 we had our first child. I was classified 1A up to this point. Then at age 23 we had our daughter. This made me 3A if I remember correctly. The draft board then jumped back to drafting 18 thru 20 year olds. So I got missed all the way around. It was nothing intentional. At that age I did not even think about evading the draft. If called I would have went.
I have brought the Book Unfit to Command and am waiting for it to come now. I have also just sent my first $50 contribution...and will send more if I can later. I am battling Cancer and don't know how my financial status might change.
I have went over this site with a fine tooth comb and I am so proud of these brave men.
I can only say that in my heart I know these men are honorable and are telling the truth. I pray that God will bless their efforts and thus bless this country. They didn't quit then and I know they will not quit now.

Sincerely,
Dale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: