SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'Reilly trying to herd cats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: O'Reilly trying to herd cats Reply with quote

O'Reilly seems to be more fair tonight. He's trying to keep Lanny Davis on target and chiding him for the Dim talking points. He's not buying what Davis is selling.
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Reilly reminds me of my washing machine. Oh, it's on the
spin cycle now. Now it's spinning out of control Shocked . It's off
balance, so now I have to fix it Evil or Very Mad Much better, I changed
the channel. Very Happy
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont watch that fake. Turn on C-Span
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanya wrote:
O'Reilly reminds me of my washing machine. Oh, it's on the
spin cycle now. Now it's spinning out of control Shocked . It's off
balance, so now I have to fix it Evil or Very Mad Much better, I changed
the channel. Very Happy

Excellent observation
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: O'Reilly trying to herd cats Reply with quote

I listened to O'Reilly yesterday on his radio show and again he dismissed the swift boat veterans. He labeled the vets with right wing extremists. He bragged today that he has the most popular program because he doesn't take sides and asks the tough questions. I am no longer a fan after seeing his treatment of the swift boat veterans.

JK
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orielly is toast
bagpiper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: toast Reply with quote

I agree, O'Reilly is hurting himself. I've lost a lot of respect for him since he got a case of the 'big head'....
I watch occasionally, but, less and less...and less...

Toast might be appropro...
I've simply lost track of where he's coming from...

DM Lambert
ex-SP4 '72-'75
Richard Christiansen
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After listening to O'Reilly 2 or 3 times 2 or 3 years ago, I suspicioned he was an imposter. He may have a conservative thought process at times, enough to make him almost credible most of the time if he emphasizes that side of his thinking, but I think he's a trend follower. He saw conservatives succeeding with talk shows and decided he wanted to be popular too, so here we are, however I do not believe he always says what he actually thinks, which is different than Limbaugh, Hannity, Reagan, etc. He is following his script of what he thinks he should say to be successful. But sometimes he strays from his script and actually says what he thinks, which is not always conservative. Could be wrong but thats my suspicion.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Reilly never recovered from the drubbing he took from Franken at that book fair in SFO several months ago.

It's still available for viewing (AFAIK) on C-Span...and it is NOT pretty.
swctexas
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't O'Reily at one time host one of those "Entertainment Tonight" type shows talking about celebrities sleeping around, etc. How did he land this gig?
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ann Coulter's description about O'Reilly's stand on SVFT is a good one:

Admitted War Criminal Cries Foul

There are several methods of evaluating the claims of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, 254 of whom have signed a letter saying John Kerry is not fit to be commander in chief.

There is the Bill O'Reilly method, which is to abandon independent thinking and simply come out in the middle, irrespective of where the two sides are. In response to Newt Gingrich's remark that the Swift Boat Veterans' independent ads were "the conservative movement's answer to Michael Moore," O'Reilly said, "I don't want either of them."

In Nazi Germany, O'Reilly would have condemned both Hitler's death camps and the Warsaw ghetto uprising. In Bill O'Reilly's world, King Solomon would have actually cut the disputed baby in half.

http://www.anncoulter.com/

OReilly and Kerry are friends. He has been trying not to go negative with Bush, except when he keeps repeating that Iraq is a mess. At the same time, he is playing very nice to Kerry although he strongly disagrees with New York Times--which is endorsing JK.

If I can guess, his stand on SVFT is because (1) he wants Kerry to win, and (2) he wants to attract more liberal viewers.
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a scheduled event on one of the major protest organizers website (RNCnotwelcome.org):

August 31: 4pm Fox News Shut-up-a-thon- Join CODEPINK, Houston Global Awareness, Ronald Reagan Home for the Criminally Insane, The Tejas Bloc, and more as they join Bill O'Reilly in shouting "Shut Up!" At Fox's Corporate Headquarters - 1211 Ave. of Americas (btwn. 47th & 48th).

Anybody know what's up with this? I think "they've" all lost their minds! They never expected this, never dreamed it could or would happen, never saw it coming....after all americans are stupid (well, atleast those educated in government schools). Too cool to witness the crash and burn of the msm!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: