SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ad #4 unveiled on Fox - 'Symbols'
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Ad #4 unveiled on Fox - 'Symbols' Reply with quote

WOW!!!

Symbols of honor, giving back his metals in this own words... can't be trusted... WOW!!! BAM!! BAM!! --- I am sure that hurts Kerry more than any of his PH wounds.

Excellent. I am going to stop putting my two cents in because you guys are doing wonderful.
Tad Belknap
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't fault him for that.....he never really earned them !
Very Happy
mj_brutus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Hear, Hear! Reply with quote

Terrific ad! I love the fact that you are showing Flipper the way he is. No need to pull some Michael Moore-style false editing or misleading context. Just Flipper being flipper is enough to sour the stomach of all but the most unthinking voter.

P.S. I'm watching some Kerry apologist on Fox right now, telling us that Kerry was allowed to say what he said. Of course he was allowed to say it. Brave men fought and died for his right to speak up. But what the guy needs to have pointed out to him is that just because he was allowed to say it, does not mean that he should be admired for it!
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Effective! The guy's his own worst enemy.

SOTG
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone explain how this works --- I throw something away and then years later I can have it back? Where are those 70s' bellbottoms I tossed? I could use them now that they are back in style.

Or can I just walk around naked and tell people I am wearing the pants I threw away 30 years ago.
hopeful
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see the ad here.

http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/unfit_video4.html
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
Someone explain how this works --- I throw something away and then years later I can have it back? Where are those 70s' bellbottoms I tossed? I could use them now that they are back in style.

Or can I just walk around naked and tell people I am wearing the pants I threw away 30 years ago.

The difference being, those bellbottoms were probably obtained on the up and up! Wink

Maybe Kerry was awarded special "boomerang medals" for his secret mission into Cambodia?

SOTG
ETEE
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already hit the Main Stream Media:
[QUOTE]
Quote:
New York Post Online
VETS' AD GOES HEAVY 'MEDAL'

By DEBORAH ORIN
August 31, 2004 -- EXCLUSIVE

Vietnam veterans against John Kerry today are launching a new TV ad that shows the Democrat renouncing his war medals — timed to zing Kerry just before he speaks to vets tomorrow at the American Legion convention.

It's the latest move to undermine Kerry by the group known as Swift Boat Veterans for Truth — efforts that appear to have sent him slipping in polls and have sparked rumors of a Kerry campaign shakeup.

The ad starts with video of marching Marines and paints Kerry — who became an anti-war activist when he came home from Vietnam — as one of those who "turned their backs on their brothers."

It shows a long-haired and bearded hippie-type in a military jacket — not Kerry — appearing to toss his military medals as Kerry and many other anti-war vets did at protest rallies in the early 1970s.

Then it switches to video of Kerry saying he was renouncing his medals as "the symbols which this country gives . . . and that was the medals themselves . . . I gave back — I can't remember — six, seven, eight, nine."

The 30-second ad concludes: "How can the man who renounced his country's symbols now be trusted?"

The new ad is being launched with a $400,000 TV buy in Florida — home to lots of veterans and active-duty troops — and possibly elsewhere.

At the same time, the swift vets are going national for the first time with an $800,000 cable-TV buy for a prior ad in which former POWs talk about Kerry's claims that U.S. soldiers were rapists and mass murderers.

The new swift-vets push against Kerry comes at a crucial moment for him since many analysts believe he must use tomorrow's speech to the American Legion to try to put an end to questions about his roles in the Vietnam War and the anti-war movement.

He'll have a tough act to follow, since President Bush today speaks to the American Legion with popular POW hero Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) by his side — fresh from speaking to the Republican convention last night.

The new ad will also run in Nashville, where the American Legion convention is taking place — a small buy of $35,000.

Sen. Joseph Biden (D-Del.) rushed to Kerry's defense yesterday, calling the criticism "ridiculous."

The swift vets are also behind the anti-Kerry best seller, "Unfit for Command," which has already forced Team Kerry to retract his decades-old claim that he was sent on an illegal covert mission to Cambodia on Christmas 1968.

Kerry's own handpicked historian, Douglas Brinkley, told the Washington Post over the weekend that Kerry's Christmas in Cambodia claim is "obviously wrong," backing up a key claim by the swift vets who say it never happened.

Kerry at times has claimed that he only threw away his military ribbons and not his medals at anti-war protests, but the swift vets use video uncovered by ABC News that shows him saying he did in fact toss his own medals.

Bush has said Kerry served "admirably" in Vietnam and he has denounced all TV attack ads from outside groups, known as 527s — including ads from the swift-boat veterans.

But the swift-boat veterans have vowed to continue their ad campaign and have raised more than $2 million in contributions, averaging $64 each, through their Web site.

Guess I'll have to send another donation for the next one!!! Laughing
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT ARTICLE!

SOTG
brityank
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But the swift-boat veterans have vowed to continue their ad campaign and have raised more than $2 million in contributions, averaging $64 each, through their Web site.

Glad it's payday tomorrow; seems I owe a little more to the kitty.

Thanks to all the Swift Boat Vets for your service -- then and now. Especially now!!
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopeful wrote:
You can see the ad here.

http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/unfit_video4.html

Does anyone have a script? I can't get this to load...

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
gilliam
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is the man saluting in the car?
coatandthai
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The beauty of the ad is that it invites Kerry to "explain" that he was just kidding, or speaking figuratively, or that he meant someone else's medals.

Thus, he is compelled to either reopen the whole medals flap on his own or else let the ad go unrebutted.
greasepaint
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The humaneventonline site did not work for me.
Its a whole lot easier to...
www.swiftvets.com, then chose 'the real story', then look on the
left for 'tv ads and videos', then chose the video / media player
you want.
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: 5th AD IDEA.... Reply with quote

For a 5th ad, it would be great to get the C-Span video of his infamous "Cambodia at Christmass...SEARED...SEARED...life changing event, etc.." His own words, as the other ads plays great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: