SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's Becoming Bigger Than Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yosemitesam
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: It's Becoming Bigger Than Kerry Reply with quote

As I read and listen to the news, read the Swiftee site and watch the Anti-Bush, Anit-Republican, and Anti-War Demonstration on 7th Ave in NYC, I can really feel that the issues, raised by the Swiftees, telling the country why Kerry cannot hack it as C-in-C, is now moving on to something much larger.

The Swiftees, like a sharp knife, have punctured the baloon of pent-up quietness of most Vietnam Vets: Those that went to Vietnam, served, came home, saw the division in the country, and quietly got on with their lives (either as civilians or military sevice). They never found a forum to express how frustrated they felt at the Anti-War Movement and how it helped the North Vietnameese win the war against the US/RVN in this country, something the enemy could not do on the ground in South Vietnam. The liberal Anti-War media never paid any attention to those frustrated veterans and they disrespected their point of view by shouting them down or ridiculing their point of view. They just got more quiet. Now, having watched the hipocracy of the left and the media for so long....dominating the conventional wisdom,.. they can no longer be silent. The Swiftees testimony about the serious inadequacies in the character of Kerry, as well as his actions both in the Mekong Delta and more importantly back here in the USA, while he retained his commission as an Officer in the Armed Services, has given them an opportunity to identify what went wrong back then and perhaps correct errors that have been allowed to persist in the national conversation. They are finally finding their voice emerging from the quiet frustration they have borne all these years.

Now the Swiftees have provided an opportunity for the whole country to enter into a national conversation and reassess what happened back then and perhaps come to another judgement about those events. Maybe thoughtful citizens in the country will take that opportunity. I am starting to think that they are, and that the blurry line that divided us then is now being brought into more dramatic relief, out of control of the mainstream media in this forum and many other outlets.

Swiftees you started something very important..in bringing out the deceiving actions and character of Kerry.. but I think it has gone beyond that to something even more important for the political health of our great country.

Thank you Swiftees .... please keep it up. You are helping so many Vietnam Vets finally come home in ways you never planned.

Thanks also to all Vietnam Veterans... and their mom's and dads, sisters, and brothers, spouses, children, grand children and families.... who have worried about them in their own quiet struggle. Thank you for going when your country called and not evading the draft or running to Canada, or getting into a non-deploying reserve or national guard unit, or requesting deferment after deferment until you finally evaded in your own way.

You went to Vietnam, you fought the enemy on the battlefield, you came home, and you were discharged honorably. You went about your life as a good citizen. Thank you for doing that and God Bless you and yours as you think back over those years to what you contributed.

Go Vietnam Vets Go.

Go Swiftees Go.

God Bless America
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice letter, and thanks. I really hope you're right.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen!
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<<I can really feel that the issues, raised by the Swiftees, telling the country why Kerry cannot hack it as C-in-C, is now moving on to something much larger. >>>>>

I couldn't agree more. This time around we aren't hamstrung by the left-stream media either. love the internet...
ALMOUNT
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sam.....great post.. Laughing

That should be carved in stone somewhere..

http://www.DELTARAIDERS.COM

I killed a six pack....just to watch it DIE
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with MSM on the sidelines word is spreading and word is getting out! MSM forgot one think...the power of the internet is strong when used! They are not the only news source.

I saw on Fox news and I am not sure who the women was but she was a democratic strategist and it was hilarious...she did not defend Kerry. She almost sounded as if she was for President Bush - she had agreed with the republican they had talking. Kerry is starting to loose some of his people as the ads are making people take a 2nd look at Kerry.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hit the nail on the head, this is much bigger than just the election. Its about permanently setting the record straight for vietnam vets.

However,

Quote:
evading the draft or running to Canada, or getting into a non-deploying reserve or national guard unit,

I really don't think it is fair to compare the reserves or national guard to running to Canada. Many reservists and guard have been injured or have died for this country. Not everyone can be on the front lines of battle. Somebody has to be back up.

Zell Miller
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: