SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am sick of hearing about how all of this was over 30 years
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: I am sick of hearing about how all of this was over 30 years Reply with quote

I am sick of hearing about how all of this was over 30 years ago, let it rest, stop opening up old wounds, blah blah blah…

What kerry did over 35 years ago is very relevant to today. If John kerry, as a commissioned officer in the United States Navy lied, oh hell, I’ll even let you have embellished, to get out of a combat zone. What do you think he will do as CIC of the whole U.S. Military?

Even if he only lied about the first purple heart and everything else was only an embellishment, that in it self shows what kind of morals John Kerry has. The people that support Kerry go around saying how Bush is evil and can’t be trusted, they compare him to hitler, they say he is trying to take our freedoms away. What in the hell do you think John kerry will do? He has already shown that he can’t be trusted, that he has no honor.

It was not Bush who tried to take American freedoms away by threatening to sue TV stations that aired commercials, it was not Bush who tried to get book stores and the publisher not to release a book, AND it was not Bush who is trying to use the government to stop the use of free speech. IT IS JOHN KERRY.

If John kerry is doing this as a Senator what do you think he could do as President

John kerry lied over 30 years ago as a commissioned officer in the U.S. Navy, he consistently lies about things now. He lied while on active duty, he lied when he came back from Vietnam, he lied while standing on the Senate floor, and he is lying now. This is not the type of CIC this country needs now or ever.

Let me ask you this, if a man robbed a bank 30 years ago, should we just ignore that and let him now be president of that bank?

If a man molested a child 30 years ago, should we ignore that now and let him run a day care?

Over 30 years ago John kerry dishonored himself, this country, and every man and women that fought and died for this country. Some will say that it was his right to do what he did, that’s fine, but then to turn around and try to pretend that what he said and did does not matter is utter nonsense.

If the people of this country vote John kerry in to office, than that’s the right of the American people. I pray that day will not come, but that’s the right of the people of this country. It is also the right for people to speak out. Whether you want to believe it or not, it is their right to speak out.

As a citizen of the U.S. it is your right to vote for who you want as President, but with that right goes responsibility. A responsibility to know the facts. A responsibility too look at all the information available. To dismiss such information with out first looking at it with an opened mind is not being responsible.

There is a clear trend in this country to not hold someone responsible for their actions, and I am seeing this with John kerry. I have seen it said that it was a long time ago and he was young. That he should not be held accountable for this. If that is your view, than that’s your right to hold this view, but don’t expect other to hold this same view.

But just remember all the rights privileges and freedoms you have in this country is because men and women have fought and died for you, those same men and women that John kerry was proud to stand up and call them all murderers. Those same men and women that people like michele moore even now are calling murderers.

It is your right to try and hold these type of men up in a illusion of honor. It is your right to want this type of man as your leader. But I ask you, with these type of people leading our country and our Military how long do you think you will have this right?
ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wounds of Vietnam are still as fresh as they were 30 years ago and this people don't understand.

People say it was 30 years ago, its over, get over it.. Then tell me how was my husband in Vietnam fighting and losing men lastnight if it is over?.....................

Service Animals for Invisible Disabilities
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think of what sexual assault counselors tell their clients about following through with prosecuting their assaulters (rape or incest): It will help get control of what was an uncontrollable situation and allow healing to begin.

Kerry assaulted Vietnam veterans, all veterans, and our (NOT his) country. He may never be prosecuted, but at least his chance at being elected to the presidency of our (NOT his) country can be stopped.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's influence and anti-war activities have had a lasting effect that have carried on to become today's Iraq anti-war movement. Without Kerry and people like him there would be many many more Americans who support our troops. Kerry is the cause of young Americans supporting our enemies.
The rat bastard Kerry needs to be brought down.
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: A war is never over for the men who fought it Reply with quote

It isn't just Vietnam, it is any war. I have watched interviews of WWII and Korean War vets on the Histroy channel on a number of occasions. It is sad how often they break down and can't continue. Combat touches you in ways that never heal. And when something breaks through the scab, the blood flows just as red as it evr did. The problem with Vietnam (my opinion) is that the way we were treated over all has left too many scabs. And when some self-important SOB like Kerry pops up, he breaks open a lot of scabs just by being. I have never been as deeply involved in anything political as I am in this effort against Kerry. And it is all because of the home movies and his "reporting for duty". He is truly one sorry SOB.
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was not 30 yrs ago, it just started then. Johns Kerry's lies and deception continue to today. When all the dust settles and everything is exposed John Kerry's legacy will read more like:

John Kerry lived life as a fraud, a fake war hero who became traitor to his country and fellow servicemen. He became a Senator all the while hiding the truth behind who he really was, although records show he was a failure in that capacity also. While running for the Presidency with 99% of the media following him like a puppy, millions of dollars coming from some of the biggest crooks in the country, and millions of the ignorant following him, he failed all beacuse of a few old sailors who exposed the truth.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

33 years ago? A blink in the eye in the breadth of history. The people he slimed are still alive and still hurt. It's not over.
oflyboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you lose a love one, people say "you will get over it in time". BS, you never get over it. Time might ease the pain by allowing you not to think about it. Same is true about the actions of Kerry and Fonda, time eased the pain but whenever I think about it and remember my ole comrades, their actions hurt just as much today and they did back then.
ohanakat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Kerry's influence and anti-war activities have had a lasting effect that have carried on to become today's Iraq anti-war movement. Without Kerry and people like him there would be many many more Americans who support our troops. Kerry is the cause of young Americans supporting our enemies.
The rat bastard Kerry needs to be brought down.

Thoughts like these have been rumbling around in my head for the last week or so. The damage to Vietnam Vets directly is the focus, and should be. In addition, though, Kerry and his band have led a movement that has caused a wider swath of damage that continues to be a threat. I see it as even more than the anti-war movement. There is such venom, hate and failure to respect others as human beings that I think got its start, or at least became acceptable, under Kerry's "leadership".

We cannot right this wrong, but we can contribute to exposing it for what it is and the harm it has caused. In doing this, perhaps we also can set an example of speaking for what is right and just without being wrong to others. Good things are happening here thanks to the courage of a few that got it started.

Kat
DaveLoneRanger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Who started it? Reply with quote

Obviously, John Kerry thinks Vietnam was relevent...he brought it up. It was just a few weeks ago that John Kerry was talking about Vietnam as the only reason to elect him, since his senate record is nothing to be proud of!
Navy Brat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: 30 years is a drop in the bucket Reply with quote

Ok, so the "Honorable" gentleman from Massachusetts brought up Viet Nam. Now people are b*tching that it was 30 years ago. Let me explain why that is unimportant that it was 10, 20 or 100 years ago. I am 39 years old. My dad was on sub's during the war and out on patrol, we were stationed at Gales Ferry(New London), CT at the time and it was probably 1971 or so. A bunch of protestors were picketing the main gate so Mom decided to take us through the back gate, my brother had a history of pnuemonia as a kid. There were more protestors and the Marines on gate duty fought to our car which the protestors surrounded, screaming things like "Your daddy is a baby killer" and spitting on 2 little kids in the back seat. The wonderful Marines got us out of the car, behind the gate and into a protective "bunker". When we went into Iraq, and protestors started up again, I started with the nightmares again. It wasn't 30 years as my kids heard me crying and screaming in my sleep and my husband had to try to calm me down, it was right then.

It matters and what these men are doing is necessary.
Thank you.
bobbyguy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When John Kerry announced his run for President, I really hoped someone would gather the tapes from 1971 and run them against him. Thank you SBVT's for fulfilling this wish.

As a registered Republican now living in Massachusetts, I still remember the coverage of Kerry's testimony and the medal tossing events like it was yesterday. I was sickened by the sight then and am repulsed today everytime I hear him talk.

I served 2 years ROTC active duty in the Army in 1965-1967 and was still in active reserve in 1971. I was proud of my own service and knew many guys who rotated to Viet Nam on extended service. Many were messed up and some didn't return. I felt Mr Kerry demeaned us all by his snivelling testimony and insulted his Officer rank by wearing a sloppy fatigue uniform to the demonstrations and in addressing the US Senate.

To me, his behavior then disqualified him from ever commanding any respect of the US Armed Services or ever holding any important national office for that matter. His urgent effort to discredit the Swift Boat Veterans today, lying himself in calling them all liars, is a continuation of his shameful acts of 1971. He hasn't changed any and if he gets elected as President, we all should lose hope for a better world.

God Bless you Swift Boat Veterans, all of you.

Robert G. Guess
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
Think of what sexual assault counselors tell their clients about following through with prosecuting their assaulters (rape or incest): It will help get control of what was an uncontrollable situation and allow healing to begin.

Kerry assaulted Vietnam veterans, all veterans, and our (NOT his) country. He may never be prosecuted, but at least his chance at being elected to the presidency of our (NOT his) country can be stopped.

Amen and lets not forget how Hollywood has perpetuated the 4/22/71 Kerry testimony for over 30 years.
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1229&highlight=hollywood

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: 30 years, last week Reply with quote

BC says: “I am sick of hearing about how all of this was over 30 years ago…”

Yeah, it’s irritating b/c Kerry himself, just a few weeks ago at DNC, made it a current, saying Vietnam is what qualifies him to be CIC, especially since he was there and Bush wasn’t. Media seems to conveniently forget that … they are what they are.

I’ve heard rumors that horse-face may attempt a half-ass apology tomorrow, at Nashville American Legion speech, for his 1971 atrocities accusations. Wouldn’t surprise me. Hope he does b/c it’ll backfire, like his flip-flop on supporting Iraq war … and maybe like his self inflicted PH “wounds?” Kerry has met the enemy and he is him. Flip-flop & self inflicted wounds seem to be his karma.

USAF 66-70
rekcutt
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: 30 years ago. . . . Reply with quote

May I simply point out that Bush's ANG was also over 30 years ago. Never once heard the media complain about that when they were digging into his service and whom witnessed him doing what then, even to the point of reviewing his dental checkups.

Hmmmm, wonder why we are hearing it now from the MSM?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: