SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Response to columnist who put down the Swift Vets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZVet61
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Response to columnist who put down the Swift Vets Reply with quote

Recently, a regular writer for Phoenix Magazine and a contributing writer for The Arizona Republic, Jana Bommersbach, authored a blurb in the Republic, in which she was extremely critical of the actions of the Swift Vets and their advertising campaign against John Kerry, referring to them as "a few vets" and to Kerry's record as conclusively valorous. The following is my letter to her:

"You don't have the first clue about military service, nor do you understand the concept of military honor. Moreover, you don't understand that there are not a few but tens of thousands of Vietnam War vets who see John Kerry's actions as a member of VVAW and his testimony to the Congress as the ultimate betrayal of that honor. Your flippant comments in today's Arizona Republic are just another slap in the face to those who served honorably in Vietnam. You cannot begin to understand the anger these vets harbor toward Kerry and his supporters, including yourself, when Kerry's war record is boasted of without realizing that it is not so much his war record, which is questionable enough, but his post-service actions that brought dishonor upon them that is the focal point of that anger and resentment. Most Vietnam Vets would just have soon Vietnam remained a sorrowful memory. John Kerry would have none of that. He decided to make his service in Vietnam, as brief and suspicious as it was, the central feature of his campaign. In doing so, he has not only re-opened the wounds, physical and emotional, of that war but has reactivated old memories and recollections of dishonor. It is one thing to sit in the comfort of your oversized chair in front of your computer and dash off cute comments about George Bush and his military service. It is quite another to castigate the brave men who believe that John Kerry is a traitor to their service in Vietnam and to their military honor. You, like John Kerry, have seriously misjudged the extent of the number of Vietnam Vets who feel as I do.
There is not much I can do about your unwarranted, ignorant attack upon the Swift Boat Veterans, except, that is to advise Phoenix Magazine that I will not be renewiing my subscription because I refuse to put another cent into Jana Boomersbach's pocket. Instead, I will make another contribution, this one in your name, to Swift Boats Veterans for Truth. "

Brent F. Moody
Phoenix, AZ
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Instead, I will make another contribution, this one in your name, to Swift Boats Veterans for Truth.

Oh, that's so cold!

I like it.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
AZVet61
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: P.S. I did make that contribution Reply with quote

P.S. I did make that contribution.
Rovercop
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZVet61 - you and Arnie Schwarzenegger are my heroes of the hour. Smile

Great letter, bro.

Rovercop
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great letter and man, I love those donation zingers that some of you are putting into your replies!!!

She'll have kittens! LOL!
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Instead, I will make another contribution, this one in your name, to Swift Boats Veterans for Truth. "

Bravo, AZVet61. Well done.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Instead, I will make another contribution, this one in your name, to Swift Boats Veterans for Truth. "

Bravo, AZVet61. Well done.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job. From this point on I will defend all members of the veteran - military family. "If we do not learn from our mistakes we are doomed to repeat them" We can not let another generation of troops go thru what the Vietnam veterans have.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did exactly the right thing. It is our duty to respond to the outrageous lies being told about the SVETS and President Bush by the ignorant masses on the left. Kerry is smug enough to depend on the eternal stupidity and ignorance of party-line voters who just push the button without ever doing any due-dillegence. These are the very same people who will methodically clip a coupon to save 25 cents on a can of beans but will not read editorials or listen to the political debate. They are too busy watching the primetime mindless drivel of people eating bugs and worms.

They need to wake up and realize that the liberal left and that man (Kerry) are the absolute worst thing that could ever happen to our country.
Becky
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Response to columnist who put down the Swift Vets Reply with quote

AZVet61 wrote:
Recently, a regular writer for Phoenix Magazine and a contributing writer for The Arizona Republic, Jana Bommersbach, authored a blurb in the Republic, in which she was extremely critical of the actions of the Swift Vets and their advertising campaign against John Kerry, referring to them as "a few vets" and to Kerry's record as conclusively valorous. The following is my letter to her:

(letter snipped)

Brent F. Moody
Phoenix, AZ

Excellent letter! Especially the donation part Very Happy
ATCS
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great letter Brent!

I pledged to give the Swiftvets $25 a week until we see this thing through, maybe I will raise that some, and send her a note that she inspired me!

Gotta keep them lib's snifflin' and bitchin'. When you hurt 'em, go back and rub some salt in. Too much is at stake, we have to make sure the only time F'n Zippo sets foot in the White House is when he is invited there to visit the President.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: