SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why can't Kerry be stopped?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dog teacher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Why can't Kerry be stopped? Reply with quote

Mad I don't know where to start, I'm so mad..... 3 weeks ago I orderd your book from Borders. Doubting I would ever see it, I also ordered it from bamm.com. Both copies arrived 3 days ago. I gave one to a friend. I finished reading it last night. This morning, much to my surprise, radio talk show host Michael Smerkonish (Phila.) interviewed Atty Jim Warner, POW. He was one of the 'residents' of 'skid row'. Please go to www.StolenHonor.com. This is a web site set up by Pennsylvania POW's. They are producing a documentary on the effects of Kerry's anti-war propaganda on POW's. If it ever sees the light of day it will be a miracle, considering the stonewalling of your book. After listening to this interview, I was so mad I was in tears, ranting and raving all morning (I'm a 61 yr.old female!). My question(s)..... Why wasn't he brought up on charges 30 years ago? What can be done, legally, to stop him now? How did he get away with it, there are men in jail right now, charged with lesser crimes. If even a 1/4 of the charges in your book are true (and I believe it is all true), Kerry belongs in jail NOT in the White House! Can nothing be done?
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dog teacher,

One way you can support the Swiftees in their fight against Kerry is to donate. Doesn't have to be much. Every little bit helps.

Last reported numbers were over 30,000 donors and over $2 million (several days ago), for an average of about $63-64 per person. Definitely NOT a bunch of "rich Texas Republicans"...

I heard a day or two ago that there were over 40,000 donors but haven't seen or heard any firm numbers.

I just kicked in another donation this morning.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dog Teacher,

I suggest that you go to the following URL for your answer: http://www.adamyoshida.com/2004/08/kerrys-dolchstoss.html

In the meantime, here is a quote from Adam Yoshida's essay:

The Vietnam experience has lasting relevance because it legitimized treason. Individuals, people like Jane Fonda, Tom Hayden, and John Kerry were allowed to push the bounds of acceptable political discourse. I venture no prediction as to the exact fate of someone running around New York City waving a Nazi Flag during the Second World War, but I feel on safe ground in suggesting that it would be decidedly unpleasant (for them, at least). Today, on the other hand, people are free to advocate the victory of our enemies with impunity. Michael Moore calls terrorists who kill Americans the “new Minutemen” and he releases a $100 million movie. Protestors in New York City wave the flags of our enemies without repercussion. Because Fonda and Kerry got away with their treason, it has made it seemingly impossible to punish the treason of others today.
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wecome and I believe many of us feel as you do. I have been writing letters, emails, speaking with coworkers and participating in online discussion groups. I spend as much time as I can right now to help.

Yes, you can make a difference. Donate time, money and whatever you can to help. But remember it's not about politics, it's about honor.
dog teacher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is a sad commentary on our 'way of life', when pigs like Fonda, Moore and Kerry can get away with what they've done. When our Vets fought and suffered for freedom I don't think this is the kind of freedom they had in mind. Oh... don't get me started. My husband did send a contribution 2 weeks ago. After he reads your book I may be able to pry another one from him. Right now, I'm going to try to calm down and go work with one of my dogs. Keep the pressure on.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Why can't Kerry be stopped? Reply with quote

dog teacher wrote:
Why wasn't he brought up on charges 30 years ago? What can be done, legally, to stop him now? How did he get away with it...
I'll tell you how. When these cheesy punks were deomontrating in the streets, I watched from a classroom window. I'm a little older than the Vietnam vet and was in college in 1971. I was simply too busy working on an education to see the more important picture. Others were too busy for other reasons. Some were too complacent. The nation had lost its focus and was content to have peace at any cost. Now, hopefully, enough of us are outraged and will stay the course. I've been haunted by my guilt for not helping these heroes back then and hope to find redemption now.
napnip
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things that really pisses me off regarding Kerry, Fonda, etc...., is the treasonous way they actually protested the war.

In every war, you are going to have people who object on this or that ground. That's to be expected. Because we do enjoy freedom of speech in this country, those people have every right to scream it at the top of their lungs. They have the right to wave banners in the streets and shout it from the rooftops.

BUT... they do *NOT* have the right to go to a foreign country and give aid and comfort to the enemy. They do *NOT* have the right to privately negotiate with the enemy.

John Kerry gave a tremendously hurtful testimony to Congress in '71. His words caused more harm than one could imagine. How many POWs were tortured and killed on account of Kerry's words? We may never know the total number. Now it may be argued that he had the free speech right to give that testimony to Congress (although I think that's stretching the meaning of "free speech"), it is utterly foolish of Kerry to think that he could get away with it.

It is complete folly for Kerry to think his words wouldn't come back to haunt him.

Again, it all comes back to personal responsibility. Suddenly Kerry wants to cry foul because his own words have come back to haunt him. He thinks it's unfair that people quote exactly what he himself said back in '71.

No, Kerry is not the man I want in the Whitehouse. If he cannot take responsibility for his words and actions of 30+ years ago, then what guarantee do we have that he will take responsibility for his words and actions as President?
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dog Teacher,

I suggest you channel your anger into some productive action. Talk to people you know. I've heard this election will be decided by women -- so talk to every woman you know. Women must know that there isn't any issue more important than the security of our nation and the support of the men and women in military and other first responders who keep us safe. The sacrifice of these people should never be betrayed again.

This issue is more important than our more selfish concerns -- such as "choice"

I was just a geeking high school debate team nerd during Kerry's 1971 treason. It has stayed with me all of these years.
dog teacher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all for your input and service. Among my acquaintances I am considered a bit of a wierdo. Why? I do not focus on 'women's issues'. I make no bones about it... Nothing is more important than national security. Without that, everything else is a non-issue. What good are social programs, political correctness etc. if we have been 'taken over'? You can kiss them good-by. We need the military and they need us. God help us if Kerry wins.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dog teacher wrote:
Nothing is more important than national security. Without that, everything else is a non-issue. What good are social programs, political correctness etc. if we have been 'taken over'? You can kiss them good-by. We need the military and they need us. God help us if Kerry wins.

Truer words have never been spoken.

SOTG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: