SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill debates John Kerry, June 20, 1971

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pneal
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: John O'Neill debates John Kerry, June 20, 1971 Reply with quote

I finally watched the entire broadcast of "The Dick Cavett show" from 1971. It was very compelling. Anyone who is thinking of supporting the Swiftvets stand must see this video. Thanks for making it easy for those of us who missed it before. Mr. O'Neill addresses many of the issues we are discussing still today. Sad He looks John Kerry in the eye, as an honest man would, each time he makes a statement about Kerry's lies. John Kerry, however, doesn't seem to be able or willing to look O'Neill in the eye. From the time I was a child, my father taught us to look people in the eye when we were speaking to them. When a man can't look you in the eye, he is in my experience, probably not telling you the truth. It looked quite evident that John Kerry felt very uncomfortable looking into the eyes of a fellow veteran, that he knew he had maligned. Mr. O'Neill does not come across as a smooth operator, like Kerry. He does make me proud of a regular, honest, hardworking young American guy standing up for his fellow servicemen. They needed a voice to speak to the "TRUTH". I thank him for that effort then, and for the fight he has had to undertake again. God Bless him for his strength and courage!
tugboatphil
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen!

I saw that on CSPAN several weeks ago and it turned my stomach to watch his arrogant, condescending attitude. You're so right about his lack of eye contact. He was like a slug getting "salted". In an open forum, he would have been toasted early on. However, Cavett and the audience gave him the air of holding his own. If you can see this exchange, watch it. You might want to keep a barf bag handy.

Don't Sweat the Mule Goin' Blind,
Just Keep Loadin' the Wagon.
pneal
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: ...Like a slug Reply with quote

tugboatphil wrote:
Amen!

I saw that on CSPAN several weeks ago and it turned my stomach to watch his arrogant, condescending attitude. You're so right about his lack of eye contact. He was like a slug getting "salted". In an open forum, he would have been toasted early on. However, Cavett and the audience gave him the air of holding his own. If you can see this exchange, watch it. You might want to keep a barf bag handy.

He put me in mind of a dog that's "wet" the carpet. The dog can't look at you when you scold him, 'cause he knows he done something wrong. The slugs nasty, but innocent! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: