SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank you, and God bless each of you.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malvern
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Thank you, and God bless each of you. Reply with quote

To All SwiftVets.

I cannot say thank you enough. God bless each and every one of you.

I was a high school and college student during the Vietnam War. I knew many young men who went to Vietnam. Some enlisted, and some were drafted, but they went, and were proud to do so. We were proud of them all. But the pain of saying good bye when they left was NOTHING compared to the pain as a result of how they were treated when they returned; whole or injured.

I admit that those days and those memories had drifted into my memory over the years. But the first SwiftBoat Veterans’ ad quickly brought those memories, tears, and the lump in my throat flooding back. Each and every time I hear the POWs speak, I can’t help but stop and listen as though it’s the first time I’ve heard them speak. It’s powerful, and we need to hear it again and again. We cannot be allowed to forget what each of you did for each of us.

Thank you, and God bless you.
Linda Kulp
Sooner_1938
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I echo Ms. Kulps words. Thank God you good men came forward when you did. If Kerry is defeated, and I pray each day that he is, I will credit you wonderful guys for saving our country.

A Vietnam Vet

P.S.
I sent my contribution to the cause today.
Malvern
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Zell Miller Reply with quote

And, another thing! I am so grateful that Zell Miller said what he did last night at the RNC. Wasn't he really terrific?!

I am, by nature, a pretty mild mannered person. BUT, there are a few (a very few) things that make me go ballistic. Using the word “occupation” in the same sentence with our military is one of those things. I want to smack Nancy Pelosi, and every dem who has done that, especially now speaking about our troops in Iraq. Our military have NEVER, NEVER, NEVER occupied any country….. EVER!!! Anyone who has ever even equated, much less accused our country and our military with occupation rather than liberation is, in my mind, treasonous.

Linda Kulp
“Malvern”
Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: