SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tim Russert admits Kerry is losing
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Tim Russert admits Kerry is losing Reply with quote

Tim Russert (now on Hannity's radio show) just opined that when history is written about this election it will show the two critical mistakes that Kerry made in this campaign and one of them was his failure to fully meet the SVFT challenges head-on with [a 3-hour news conference, opened up and answering all the questions.] In other words, answer the questions. The significant thing here is the fact that Tim Russert is already speculating on what history will say about this election and it ain't good for Kerry. If anyone else heard this and agrees with what I think I just heard I would like to hear your take on it.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: ...Russert... Reply with quote

Premature rodomontade. Rassmussen still reports a dead heat!
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pish posh. The poll s will report a dead heat until the landslide is over.
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was Russert? I tuned in part way through and had to leave the room before it was done. I thought it sounded like him, except for the words being said.

One of my favorite Dems told me in an email today that he was a Dean supporter and he really dislikes Kerry for voting for the war and other things. I was surprised he would admit it. Dems are bracing themselves for a loss here...they are not united.
lolajl
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It ain't over till it's over. Don't get confident. Go over to Instapundit for the link on the apparent shakeup. Seems they're bringing in some of the staff from Clinton's campaign.

Also, there's a potential bombshell . . . seems that 60 Minutes may be airing interview with this Texas guy who claims to have pulled the strings for Bush back when was of draft age.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolajl wrote:
It ain't over till it's over. Don't get confident. Go over to Instapundit for the link on the apparent shakeup. Seems they're bringing in some of the staff from Clinton's campaign.

Also, there's a potential bombshell . . . seems that 60 Minutes may be airing interview with this Texas guy who claims to have pulled the strings for Bush back when was of draft age.

That guy they are trying to get is Ben Barnes, former Lt. Gov. in Texas I think. If I am right, he got clobbered in the S&L scandel in the 80's and I think his credibility is questionable.
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolajl wrote:

I agree. Keep up the pressure. Create a bigger landslide.
Don't waver, do not falter.

As to an attack now on GWB about the Texas Guard it won't sway more
than 50 voters.
Its not a factor because GWB unlike Kerry didn't make it a factor.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That guy is Ben Barnes, who is one of Kerry's big backers, he was
in Boston for the Convention, he may have to splain why he's dishing
on Bush when he's been shoveling his money on Kerry.

Sixty Minutes - the last time I watched that show was when Clinton was running for his first term, the oh-so-hard prescripted questions about his
infidelity "issues." Kerry will be on there next, wait and see. Sixty Minutes
helped elect a man who got impeached and charactor went by the wayside.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NortonPete wrote:

I agree. Keep up the pressure. Create a bigger landslide.
Don't waver, do not falter.

Right on! Listen to Hugh Hewitt:

If it's not close, they can't cheat!
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolajl wrote:

Oh geez. The dirt is going to fly now. Either the Clinton people will sabotage Kerry and take him down for the last count, or they will conduct another really ugly scorched earth campaign to shut people up. The name Clinton puts my hairs up!
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landslide, baby. Let's make an example of this guy. We've got 2 months, let's use it as effectively as possible. I want to see him RESIGN. How about you?

Last edited by Wing Wiper on Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagl wrote:
Pish posh. The poll s will report a dead heat until the landslide is over.

I agree. The polls are absurd. They're all 'push'. And they can't predict if they tried. You have to count heads. You have to rely on people who follow neighborhood trends as if they were playing the horses, and knew every jocky's mother's middle name.
amordei
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnes claims that he helped Bush when he was LG, but Bush joined up in 1968 and Barnes didn't become LG until 1969.

So, the story is rather fishy.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furthermore, so what! So what if anyone helped Bush get into the Texas Air National Guard. It was honarable service. At least he served. He did not flee to Canada (or England). He must have spent time in service enough so that he was flying figher jets. Remember he could have been called into service at any time. There were other hostilities then (remember Cuba). The Kerry hacks are stretching this little item over the hill. It just will not wash. Bill Clinton never served, nor did Howard Dean and millions of other men of that generation. George W. Bush served his country. It was not exactly a free ride. Ben Barnes better watch his step because there are huge dossiers being put together on his past at this very second. He was up to his eyeballs in the S&L scandal in the 1980's and that, my friends, will be the pile of s**t dumped squarely on his head before he ever says boo on 60 minutes. He was involved in some shady deals.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay everybody!! Keep your seats and continue working until there is a phone call and a concession speech!!

We don't stop one minute sooner! Kerry and McAuliffe have a whole bag full of dirty tricks to draw on when the going gets tough.

Remember Torricelli.........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: