SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Point to emphasize
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suziqstecky
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Point to emphasize Reply with quote

I'm just a middle class housewife who remembers the Peace Marches and the Peace protests.
I still think of Jane Fonda as Hanoi Jane.

In my opinion, the only way to really hurt John Kerry is to stick to the facts that he can't deny. No veteran, no wife of a vet, no child of a veteran and no relative of any veteran should even consider voting for John Kerry. He showed no loyalty to POW's or other American soldiers left in Vietnam and delibertly smeared the American Vet's name with his peace protests and words before the US Senate Committee.

So if we stick to the strict facts: (He DID testify in front of the senate and he made horrible remarks that hurt our POW's. He DID throw something (rather controversial on what that something was) down the steps of the Capital in protest. It's in the press archives. ) He doesn't have a leg to stand on when he tries to deny the facts.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true, anyone with any connection to the military who maintains a sense of honor and integrity will not be able to vote for Kerry.
BillGremm
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the Swift Vets they are sticking to the facts - as they know them.
Let's say that you were attacked by someone and it went to court and the accused was found innocent based upon the facts. You know that he is guilty despite the verdict and he will always be.

Same thing here except the swiftees really do have the facts as well as opionion on their side.
Curious
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Worried... Reply with quote

I hope you don't view me as a troll.

After having seen Fahrenheit, I was convinced I'd vote for the other guy. Then, recently, I started looking at both sides' arguments, and now I'm more confused and scared than ever.

Both "sides" seem confident that the competing presidential candidate is a big liar, and it seems both sides can back their accusations with some sort of proof. In a time of terrorism and pending wars, it scares me to think that both of the potential leaders of our country are willing to deceive the people (if this really is the case), whether it be mysterious oil business, or mysterious acquiring of medals.

In the upcoming four years, we may see more terrorism and wars coming our way, and when I vote I want to know that the president I help elect will do all he can to protect me, my family, fellow Americans, and, as far as possible, our friends in other countries. But, if the president withholds the truth, how can I trust him to live by his word? How can I trust his motives to be pure?

Do I dare give my vote to either Bush or Kerry? Do I really have any idea what either of them intend to do these next four years?

A final note: I know that most of you on this board are confident in Bush, as people on other boards are confident in Kerry. But how can we be sure? Watching movies, reading books, trying to take in all the facts from both parties to form an educated opinion, I end up more worried than ever. Who can I trust, and how do I know I can trust him?

Thanks for reading this, and I sincerely hope no one has taken offense! If you have any comments, please share them.

Sincerely,
Curious
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Worried... Reply with quote

Curious wrote:
A final note: I know that most of you on this board are confident in Bush, as people on other boards are confident in Kerry. But how can we be sure? Watching movies, reading books, trying to take in all the facts from both parties to form an educated opinion, I end up more worried than ever. Who can I trust, and how do I know I can trust him?

Thanks for reading this, and I sincerely hope no one has taken offense! If you have any comments, please share them.

Curious, I truly hope you are not a troll. Trusting that you are not, here goes. I have had the same reservations. First, forget everything you saw in Farenheit 9/11. It has been proven to have at least 51 lies in it. Do some searching on the internet for "Farenheit 9-11 lies", and you will see all of them. What it comes down to is picking "the devil you know, vs. the devil you don't know". I was sad that Lieberman didn't make the cut. To me, our country's security is paramount and a higher priority than anything now. I *KNOW* what Bush will do (he will protect us), I DON'T know what Kerry will do, and this is not a game where he can get "do overs". So ask yourself if you want to take that chance.

this article is scary, it points out what everyone is
starting to realize about this whole "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" controversy. God help us....NOW I'M REALLY SCARED. What this guy has written has really struck a chord with me and made me realize what has been bothering me all along about this whole thing. I've linked the full article below.

Excerpt: "The real issue here is Kerry's views on war and foreign policy.
The mainstream media do not want to talk about the connection between John Kerry's Vietnam experience and his views on war and foreign policy. They would prefer to keep the focus on Kerry's war-hero record, and off Kerry's testimony about the supposed viciousness and criminality of his fellow soldiers — and of American foreign policy in general. Yet this is what has enraged the Swift-boat veterans; this is what much of their book takes up; and this is what their second advertisement has singled out. The mainstream media know that if the American people were to truly understand how Kerry's Vietnam experience shaped his views, and what he said and did to protest that war, they would not want him as commander-in-chief. That — and not the details of Kerry's wounds or travels — is the real secret that threatens to be exposed by the Swift-boat controversy."

LINK TO FULL ARTICLE: http://www.nationalreview.com/kurtz/kurtz200408270856.asp
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Worried... Reply with quote

Curious wrote:

After having seen Fahrenheit, I was convinced I'd vote for the other guy. Then, recently, I started looking at both sides' arguments, and now I'm more confused and scared than ever.

Both "sides" seem confident that the competing presidential candidate is a big liar, and it seems both sides can back their accusations with some sort of proof. In a time of terrorism and pending wars, it scares me to think that both of the potential leaders of our country are willing to deceive the people (if this really is the case), whether it be mysterious oil business, or mysterious acquiring of medals.

In the upcoming four years, we may see more terrorism and wars coming our way, and when I vote I want to know that the president I help elect will do all he can to protect me, my family, fellow Americans, and, as far as possible, our friends in other countries. But, if the president withholds the truth, how can I trust him to live by his word? How can I trust his motives to be pure?

Do I dare give my vote to either Bush or Kerry? Do I really have any idea what either of them intend to do these next four years?

Sincerely,
Curious

Fairly straightforward here.
Whether you agree with Bush or not, once he says he's going to do something, he's going to at least try to do that. (Remember, you might or might not like it, but he proceeds to attempt to do what he announced). Tax cuts are the most visible example.
That's been his track record for 4 years, with the notable exception of the "nation building" philosophy. However, the way he's gone about "nation building", you have to admit, is a new approach.

The same can NOT be said of John Kerry. In my mind, the most notable example:
(1) He voted AGAINST the first Gulf War ('senior's effort). That, as you might recall, was orchestrated with total approval of the U.N., and executed nearly to the letter of the U.N. resolution ... including the cessation of activities once Iraq had withdrawn from Kuwait.
(2) He voted FOR authorization of 'Operation Iraqi Freedom', which was NOT approached from his "Global Coalition" definition. Once that started, he voted AGAINST supplemental funding, ostensibly because the bidding processes had not been fully scrutinized.
(3) In the not-so-distant past, he voted AGAINST authorizing cross-communication of the various Intelligence agencies.

Basically, if a guy said he was going to kick my butt, I'd really prefer the guy was Kerry, because Bush would probably do it. Justified or not.
WalterW
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Curious,

What you see here is not PRO BUSH...but ANTI KERRY.

Fake n Hype 9/11 was an ANTI BUSH movie, not pro anything except a certain fat slobs wallet.

While many here are Pro Bush, the issue is the level of disrespect Kerry has for the Armed Forces and his treasonous behaviour in the 1970's.

I, for one, am very unhappy about Bush's immigration proposals, his social spending and many other issues.

However I have yet to hear Kerry say anything at all specific that makes me motivated to pick him over Bush, and I see all the bad he has done to so many people.

For me it's easy. While Bush ain't too terrific, Kerry is totally unqualified.
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WalterW wrote:
Kerry is totally unqualified.

He's actually anti-qualified. That is, he has done things that you cannot do and then later get elected to president. I'm not even sure how he got to be senator. (I didn't vote for him!)
WalterW
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bostonian wrote:
WalterW wrote:
Kerry is totally unqualified.

He's actually anti-qualified. That is, he has done things that you cannot do and then later get elected to president. I'm not even sure how he got to be senator. (I didn't vote for him!)

Weld lost it, Kerry didn't win it.
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious,

Since you watched F 9-11, I think you should read Unfit For Command. Then take a good look at the men that produced/wrote the material and decide who you would believe.
I'll believe the word of an honorable Vietnam vet over a piece of **** like Moore.
WalterW
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slednfool wrote:
Curious,

Since you watched F 9-11, I think you should read Unfit For Command. Then take a good look at the men that produced/wrote the material and decide who you would believe.
I'll believe the word of an honorable Vietnam vet over a piece of @*$! like Moore.

Reason - Moore is in it for MONEY. Period.

The SBVT have no financial benefit from this (all profits go to charity) and are interested only in the well being of the USA.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious,

Look at Kerry's record. He doesn't have core beliefs. He has not given any details as to how he might better lead this nation. Look into his eyes and your gut instincts should be screaming bloody murder.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious,

We hope you aren't a mole... but either way, here you'll get the truth...

I'm very pro Bush.... but I would vote for someelse if I thought he could be a better president

I'm not totally anti democrat (except most of them because they are loud, nasty and lie - things I don't like).... I do like Zell miller, Evan Bayh.... I liked his dad also... tells my age! and several other democrats....
I don't think we need to be personally nasty and shout the other person down... and they should answer questions.... I find most demos... just shout the republicans down and spin around questions.... they don't give straight answers,,,

If you have a particular lie you think bush has told us.... post it and see if we can respond.... the demos keep saying bush lied about wmds'.... not true...

anyway... I've seen absolute proof that kerry lies.... besides swiftboat stuff.... just at or after convention he was shown at speech in NH telling the people THE FIRST THING HE'D DO AS PRESIDENT WAS REPEAL THE LAW ABOUT PRESCRIPTION DRUGS THAT BUSH PASSED....

then later that week he was in Nevada and told senior citizens that : he wasn't going to REPEAL it.... he was going to FIX it..... he even mentioned that the republicans tell you I'm going to REPEAL IT.... I'm not etc.....

Also, at convention speech or soon after he used example of woman with cancer having to continue to work through all her cancer treatments or lose her job and insurance etc.... then on the news, her employer came out and said NO, she has 26 wks of sick leave to be used and she isn't going to lose her job or insurance.

that's just 2 real recent lies I've heard.... I'm keeping a lie list... and will be listening for lies in Bush's people also....

Bush has shown us what he can and will do.... if he says he'll do it , he'll do it to the best of his ability.... barring congress voting against him etc... he's right out there with how he feels, how he lives his life and a personal favorite of mine is - BARBARA Bush is his mother - he didn't grow up without learning values, honesty etc.... She doesn't put up with any crap!

the other thing is KERRY is anti military according to his voting record in the senate, so you don't have to depend on any 'side' to determine that - check his record; thank God Bush was president when 9/11 happened.

I'm not pro war.... I hate it! every time one of our people gets hurt or dies I think my heart gains 5 lbs! (if i ever get the 'mobile home of my dreams' I plan to 'paper' a wall with pictures of our fallen military from Afgan and Iraqi wars....if I have room I'll add the injured) - but we didn't start this war!
Billman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious, the following was in the papers last week:

Quote:
"The North Koreans made it very clear, politely, that they want Kerry to win the election," said C. Kenneth Quinones, a former U.S. diplomat who was in Pyongyang earlier this month for a Korean studies conference.

Please stop and carefully consider the implications.
Wind Walker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the testimony given by John Kerry in 1971, that’s just something he’s going to have to live with, apologize for, and try to rationalize it somehow to the American people. I’m not aware of any way to explain it to a Veteran of the Vietnam War, or any other Veteran for that matter, and make his testimony acceptable.

The issue’s about his service in general, and the fact that he chose make his “Hero” status in that war a major part of his campaign, is another matter all together.

There will always be differences in opinions about this time, but as I’ve stated within these message boards previously:

“The only way to approach an actual LIE being used against you, is to black both the eyes of your opponent with the FACTS”

There is NO WAY John Kerry has the FACTS to PROVE his case, as if he did, you would have immediately been PROVEN WRONG, and by this time would be no more than a memory in the minds of most people.

The Swift Boat Veterans For Truth has brought to light things that may have never been exposed about this candidate, and I for one am very glad this has happened.

Keep up the good fight…………..it’s starting to enlighten Americans on the Real John Kerry!

Have a great day J

Wind Walker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: