SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsha1113
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

I just joined today. I have listened to both sides of the presidential candidates. I am a proud American, and a republican. My husband was in the Air Force during the Vietnam war. He went TDY for 6 months to Thailand. He was in top secret work, planning missions for the pilots. My uncle was in the Army, retired now, and he went to Vietnam and thank God came back alive too. I remember the things that happened there very well and the friends I lost that I had grown up with coming back in body bags what was left of them. My husband still won't speak of losses of pilots going down in Vietnam, as some where friends of his. But until now, I didn't put a name with a face regarding the testimony of John Kerry regarding our men in Vietnam until the Presidential election. Thank you Swiftboat Vets!! I remember what Kerry did to our troops and Vets returning from Vietnam. I remember no fan fair due to his testimony, the boos when returning, as if every man and woman involved with Vietnam were dirty and they should be ashamed of defending our country. Now there is a face, and a name to that testimoney. I will be forever grateful to the swiftboat vets. I am in my 50's now and still feel the pain of that war, of waiting for my husband to come home alive. He almost didn't as they where attacked the very day the men where to come home. He had to destroy all information before he was able to leave due to the sensitivity of the paperwork, and missions. I do believe John Kerry took pictures, and testified to further his ambitions in politics along with the Kennedy's help. Lets do all we can to defeat this man to be our President, he doesn't deserve our loayalty, much less be our President.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: