SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

McCauliffe comments on moveon $$ in Cali.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: McCauliffe comments on moveon $$ in Cali. Reply with quote

Just heard Tony Snow (radio) asking McCauliffe about California. McCauliffe said it was a base state and the DNC wasn't using any money there.

Snow: How about moveon.org?
McC: No, not a penny.

Hwo would McCauliffe know that? He isn't suppose to know anything about them.........

One public admission is as good as another for me...
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it when they lie
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: California Reply with quote

If the Dems aren't advertising in CA, and one poll shows Kerry up by only 3 points there, might this be a good time for SBVT to hit them there while they're not looking? If Kerry lost California, he couldn't possibly win enough other states to win the Presidency!
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: California Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:
If the Dems aren't advertising in CA, and one poll shows Kerry up by only 3 points there, might this be a good time for SBVT to hit them there while they're not looking? If Kerry lost California, he couldn't possibly win enough other states to win the Presidency!

I think the biggest area where we are lacking is in organiation, and impetus to get out the vote.
I don't know what it would take to make sure adn help those vets in Cali to get registered, and help them get to the polls. But Cali is a huge retired or ex veterans encampment. They alone could swing it.
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Southern California, that is the Republican Part AKA Temecula...

As far as Get out the vote, people in my circle are looking forward to voting and voting early. They mail out absentee ballot requests to every voter and a lot of people vote early. Here in Riverside County, we have had touch screens for years now, and were ahead of the curve before the dem AG tried to kibash it... But we are recertified to use the touch screens for the election. I would never be prouder if we could get Caleeeefornia for Bush.

I'm not sure Money spent here would be the wisest choice... While everyone I know is voting for President Bush and against kerry, it would take millions upon millions for each percentage point gain to give us a chance...

Having Arnold as my Governator helps.. (Did you know in my head I was the deciding vote to recall davis) Wink

I think we would have to see data which shows it to be a close race...

Ron Silver said it last night the best on Scarbourough's show...

paraphrased......

Quote:
When people reply to polls they will have a hard time saying they are a democrat yet voting for bush... I think what you will see is people going to the booth, and thinking about their families safety and voting for Bush....

There is also hard data that undecideds go for the Incumbant, and that is great news for us as well to make sure kerry is NOT elected President.

I'll try to find a transcript... Ok went to web site and transcript is NOT posted yet.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3719710/

Regards,
Joe

Great job, SBVFT.... Keep up the heat folks, we still have two more months to go...

Never retreat....
Never think we've won.....
Never give in to the enemy.....
Never stop spreading the news....
Never stop telling your friends family, neighbors about this site.....
Never stop calling talk shows, radio shows, writing letters to the editors...

Always stay involved, You Will Make A Difference....

Never prouder of you all....

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

Last edited by Sonar5 on Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonar5 wrote:

There is also hard data that undecideds go for the Incumbant, and that is great news for us as well to make sure kerry is NOT elected President.

That is in direct opposition to what Dick Morris claims. He says that historically, the majority of the undecided vote winds up going to the opponent, not the encumbent. I have no idea who is right about it, but Morris gets paid for his political opinions and Silver is an actor, whatever that's worth.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Actors Reply with quote

Ronald Reagan and Arnold Schwarzenegger were also actors, and were both elected Governor of California. Some actors are better politicians than others!
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver is not a politician, and he's not runing for anything, he's just supporting Dubya. Until I see his source for the info, I'll go with Dick Morris the pro as being a better source for this type of info.
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
Silver is not a politician, and he's not runing for anything, he's just supporting Dubya. Until I see his source for the info, I'll go with Dick Morris the pro as being a better source for this type of info.

I apologize, it was not Silver who mentioned the Incumbant trend, I forget who did say it.

I'll see what I can come with as far as the data.

/Begin Edit:
Ok back.. I found a site where It appears I may be wrong. This site says they compared about 155 polls, and it supports the Challenger... I'll dig around some more to see if there is a study only concerning presidential Elections.

Incumbant Rule:
http://www.pollingreport.com/incumbent.htm

It is from 1989 though....

Found another one concerning same, but numbers much closer:
http://chris-bowers.mydd.com/story/2004/7/31/16855/7535

/End Edit:

Again, I'm sorry, I corrected my post above to reflect my paraphrase. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
Sonar5

Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here is the Problem, those quoting the Incumbant Rule are NOT DISCLOSING that the study was done in 1989, over 15 years ago...

Example here also written by Chris Bowers, but he is a Partisan Democrat, IMHO, after reading some of his posts....:
http://www.swingstateproject.com/arizona/

And Here:
http://www.mydd.com/

ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The incumbent rule does not apply in presidential elections in the same way it does other elections. In many cases, it works the opposite.

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Better late than never.... Reply with quote

Ok, MSNBC has posted the transcript from last night....

I am leaning towards this position that SIlver, Even Reagan allude to as well as Scarbourough.

Regards,
Joe

Quote:
SCARBOROUGH: I‘m talking about Ron Silver right now.

SILVER: You know what I think is going to happen in this election because of 9/11? What happens in New York City all the time. I think Joe will back me up on this. If there‘s an African-American candidate running in this city, the polls are always skewed 8 to 10 percent the wrong way. Because when you poll everybody, they say of course I‘d vote for an African-American. Of course I‘m for him. Of course I‘m that kind of person.

Then they walk into the booth and all of a sudden, the eight points disappear. I think you‘re going to have a lot of people in this election saying I‘m a Democrat. I feel good about it. And then they‘re going to walk into the booth, close that curtain, and they‘re going to say I‘m going to vote for the son of a .... because I feel safer with him.

SCARBOROUGH: Now let me ask you this, Ron.

REAGAN: That‘s true, that‘s true.

SCARBOROUGH: Ron, did you just come up with that tonight?

SILVER: What?

SCARBOROUGH: Did you come up with that tonight? Because I‘ve heard that by three or four pollsters who are whispering that to me, that people are ashamed to tell pollsters that they‘re voting for George W. Bush. And I‘m talking about people that run some of the biggest polling organizations in America. They really think that some people are going to say I‘m voting for Kerry, but actually going to vote their fear and vote for George W. Bush.

SILVER: I live in a community that is shameless. And I hear the same thing. So I think it‘s going to happen.

TRIPPI: Well, the other thing that happens, though, it‘s different in a presidential race, is undecideds almost always move to the incumbent president. It‘s different than what happens in the governor or Senate race, where they are kind of like—already made a decision to move against the incumbent when they‘re undecided.

In a presidential race, undecideds, most cases move to the commander-in-chief. They know not the commander-in-chief that - you know, sitting in the wings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: