SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SOLUTION BUY BOOK DIRECTLY FROM PUBLISHER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: SOLUTION BUY BOOK DIRECTLY FROM PUBLISHER Reply with quote

I visited Regnery Publishing web site and found that you can buy the book directly I expect this will be the fastest way of getting your copy and avoid the delays by Barnes and Noble and others....

JK

Unfit for Command
by John E. O'Neill and Jerome R. Corsi
Regnery Publishing, Inc.; ISBN: 0895260174
Hardcover - 256 pages (August 2004)

John Kerry, War Hero? Guess again.

John O’Neill was the naval officer who took over John Kerry’s swift boat in the muddy waters of Vietnam. What he learned convinced him—and convinced the majority of veterans who served directly with Kerry—that John Kerry was and is unfit for command at the lowliest rank in the Navy, let alone as commander in chief of the United States.

In this stunning new book, John O’Neill and his coauthor Dr. Jerome Corsi (an expert on the anti-Vietnam War movement) have interviewed dozens of veterans who served with Kerry and have meticulously documented a shameful record of betrayal and deception on the part of John Kerry.

In Unfit for Command you’ll learn:

* How two of John Kerry’s three Purple Heart decorations resulted from self-inflicted wounds, not suffered under enemy fire
* Why John Kerry’s third Purple Heart “fanny wound” was the highlight of his much touted “no man left behind” Bronze Star
* How John Kerry turned the tragic death of a father and small child in a Vietnamese fishing boat into an act of “heroism” by filing a false report on the incident.
* How John Kerry entered an abandoned Vietnamese village and slaughtered the domestic animals owned by the civilians and burned down their homes with his Zippo lighter
* How John Kerry’s reckless behavior convinced his colleagues that he had to go—becoming the only swift boat veteran to serve only four-months in Vietnam
* How as a leader of Vietnam Veterans Against the War, John Kerry attended a meeting where plans were discussed to assassinate prominent United States Senators who supported the war
* How Kerry met secretly with communist delegates at the Paris Peace Conference during the Vietnam War, and why some believe he violated the Uniform Code of Military Justice and federal law

Based on detailed interviews with Swift Boat veterans who served in Vietnam with John Kerry and on recently released FBI surveillance reports of John Kerry’s anti-war activities, Unfit for Command is a shocking indictment of a politician who slandered his fellow veterans, danced on the edge of treason, and has shamelessly exaggerated his own war service for political ends.

Price: $18.95 - Click here to order:
JonMoseley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT DETECTIVE WORK! I did not know that!

But you left out the website address. Since I know the Publisher's website, I went looking for what you found, and here is the internet address:

http://www.regnery.com/regnery/040809_unfit.html

You can buy the book directly from the "Conservative Book Service" WHICH IS AFFILIATED WITH REGNERY, and therefore will get copies of the book directly from the publisher without any delay whatsoever. It is as close to buying from the publisher as you can get.
dmattox
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will buying direct from the publisher add to the best seller lists? We wanna make sure it stays a best seller for a while Smile
JonMoseley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying direct from the publisher will NOT count towards the book's Bestseller status, although I don't think that status is in danger.

Buying direct from the publisher WILL mean that your money goes only to the publisher and not to bookstores that promote anti-Bush books.

So, it's a toss-up as to which is best.

However, Regnery is also offering a RUSH service. If you don't want to wait or shop around, you can also get a copy RUSHED to you buying by telephone for the list price of $27.95 plus $10.00 for FedEx 2nd-Day shipping. Contact Regnery at 1-888-219-4747. They will also sell the book to you with FREE shipping, but that will take 2-3 weeks for the handling and shipping.
pneal
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: the Book Reply with quote

They(Regenery) reduced the cost online and I just ordered it for $18.95. My family will just have to share it with anyone who wants to know the facts.
deedee
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking here to see availability of the book. The stuff about Amazon sort of ticked me off and I have bought a lot from them in the past.

Why aren't the SBVT selling the book, or giving a free copy with a $50. donation or something? That's how Hillary's book did so well, the DNC gave them away. I wouldn't mind paying more for the cause!

In any case , its a new month and my husband and I will try to donate what we can now and hopefully more later! I'd think it should be tax deductible as a health expense, "preventitive medicine" is important and I know our blood pressures will be up if we had to see a traitor in the WH!
jmckay8497
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Book Ordered Reply with quote

Thanks for the link to Regency Publishing. I ordered my copy of the book today.

Can't wait to read it!!

Zel Miller is a man after my own heart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: