SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Return Home With the Honor They Deserve"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patriotic Mom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: "Return Home With the Honor They Deserve" Reply with quote

President Bush's speech about giving the troops the chance to finish the job in Iraq and "return home with the honor they deserve" reminded me of the Swifties and their valiant struggle against one who felt no compunction about DISHONORING those who fought and returned home from another war.

'Nuff said.

God Bless you Swifties!

Last edited by Patriotic Mom on Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Franks was great, hit on that theme when he spoke of the Korean, and then the Vietnam war Vets, and gave a resounding Welcome Home!
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anywhere I can get the audio/video of his speech?
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Return with Honor Reply with quote

I've posted this elsewhere, but President Bush's statement in the RNC speech could give SBVT a theme for a new ad:

Play back some of Kerry's 1971 Senate testimony about Vietnam soldiers "cutting off ears and heads", etc., then show footage of Vietnam veterans being spat upon or called "baby-killers" by peaceniks when they return home, then play Bush's line about

"So our mission in Afghanistan and Iraq is clear: We will help new leaders to train their armies, and move toward elections, and get on the path of stability and democracy as quickly as possible. And then our troops will return home with the honor they have earned."

I realize that SBVT is more anti-Kerry than pro-Bush, but a contrast between the two candidates' attitudes toward the returning soldiers could sway a lot of voters--especially veterans and families of active soldiers.

What do you think?
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
President Bush's speech about giving the troops the chance to finish the job in Iraq and "return home with the honor they deserve" reminded me of the Swifties and their valiant struggle against one who felt no compunction about DISHONORING those who fought and returned home from another war.

I think that is what he meant
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Bush's speech Reply with quote

Bush couldn't SAY that, because he didn't serve in Vietnam, but the Swift Boat Veterans CAN say it--will they?
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Return with Honor Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:
I've posted this elsewhere, but President Bush's statement in the RNC speech could give SBVT a theme for a new ad:

Play back some of Kerry's 1971 Senate testimony about Vietnam soldiers "cutting off ears and heads", etc., then show footage of Vietnam veterans being spat upon or called "baby-killers" by peaceniks when they return home, then play Bush's line about

"So our mission in Afghanistan and Iraq is clear: We will help new leaders to train their armies, and move toward elections, and get on the path of stability and democracy as quickly as possible. And then our troops will return home with the honor they have earned."

I realize that SBVT is more anti-Kerry than pro-Bush, but a contrast between the two candidates' attitudes toward the returning soldiers could sway a lot of voters--especially veterans and families of active soldiers.

What do you think?

VERY BAD MOVE. We do NOT want to link to Bush in any way, shape, or form. Kerry's remarks stand alone quite well.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: "Return Home With the Honor They Deserve" Reply with quote

Patriotic Mom wrote:

'Nuff said.

God Bless you Swifties!

Chops to the President for this line - as I heard it last night, it was a definite nod in the Swifties direction, without a direct mention of the group or their position. Master stroke. I do strongly believe you are acting independently of the White House, but many do not. It would serve no useful purpose right now for the Prez to do anything more than he did.

MJB
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GWB has nothing to do with this, its all jk!!!!!!!!

The President and General Franks made everyone feel good...I've fought for both and I have to say I was extremly proud!!! Especially for The True Hero's, all of you!!! Thanks guys....
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USWORHOCKEY wrote:
GWB has nothing to do with this, its all jk!!!!!!!!

The President and General Franks made everyone feel good...I've fought for both and I have to say I was extremly proud!!! Especially for The True Hero's, all of you!!! Thanks guys....

I agree. We are becoming too politically correct.
This is a firefight. Choose sides, arm and start fighting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: