SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VFW Return-to-Vietnam Trip Contest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: VFW Return-to-Vietnam Trip Contest. Reply with quote

Just received the following email. I forward it now for what it's worth:

"VFW Return-to-Vietnam Trip Contest.
(Source: Armed Forces News, 2 Sep) Twelve veterans who received a Purple Heart while serving in Vietnam stand to win VFW's "Return to Vietnam" drawing. An in-country tour from April 8-17, 2005, will include visits to Saigon, the Mekong Delta, Cu Chi, Hue, the DMZ, Hoi An, Marble Mountain and China Beach. Airfare, accommodations and meals are included. Entries must be received prior to Nov. 15, 2004. Winners will be notified by mail or e-mail in early December. To claim their trip, winners must send a copy of their Purple Heart documentation to VFW National Headquarters by Dec. 15, 2004; and a copy of their passport by Jan. 15, 2005. Previous VFW-sponsored trip-winners to the Army-Navy Game and the 20th anniversary of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial funded through the Kahle Fund are not eligible. Send entries to Assistant Adjutant General--Programs, VFW National Headquarters, 406 W. 34th Street, Kansas City, MO 64111. An entry form is at <http://www.vfw.org/pdf/vietnamtrip.pdf>."
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I win I promise to share my trip with Hero John. I will give him the outbound portion of my plane ticket and a lifetime pass to the tunnels of Cu Chi. Semper Fi.
redhawk34
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that I can have my picture taken in front of the local Ho Chi Minh memorial, to be printed in the local Viet paper with the caption;
"Yankee Murderer-River Pirate Returns to Ask Forgiveness for Crimes Against Innocent Women, Children." ?
NOT!
I'll leave that sort of thing to McCain.
Redhawk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: