SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Man overboard (sic)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dog teacher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Man overboard (sic) Reply with quote

For those of who haven't heard..... Clinton was admitted to the hospital today for heart bypass.... asap. Another problem for Kerry?
Kathy Kay
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Man overboard (sic) Reply with quote

dog teacher wrote:
For those of who haven't heard..... Clinton was admitted to the hospital today for heart bypass.... asap. Another problem for Kerry?

Unfortunately it draws media attention away from swiftvets and their message. But that's OK -- I'm assuming you guys are here to stay until the battle is over.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Man overboard (sic) Reply with quote

Kathy Kay wrote:
dog teacher wrote:

Unfortunately it draws media attention away from swiftvets and their message. But that's OK -- I'm assuming you guys are here to stay until the battle is over.

We're here until he unconditionally surrenders on 2 Nov 04!
MikeM
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man that is cold.

No matter what I happen to think about Bill, I still hope the best for him....as a human!
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I am not fond of Clinton, his shady history, his utter disrespect for the oval office, I hope that he comes through the surgery okay. In order for people to get bypass surgery, there must be significant blockages in the major heart vessels. I guess eating all those hamburgers did not help.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Clinton in Hospital Reply with quote

I'm not sure that Clinton being in the hospital is a problem for Kerry. It may distract people from the RNC, and may even bring a "sympathy vote" for the Democrats.

In the 2000 Senatorial election in Missouri, then-Senator John Ashcroft was leading by 5% in the polls until three weeks before the election, when his opponent Mel Carnahan died in a plane crash. His widow, who had no political experience, decided to run in his place, and WON the election!

Clinton is no hero in my book, but SBVT will have to be careful right now, to avoid a "sympathy vote" backlash for Kerry. Clinton has lots of skeletons in his closet, but to his credit, he didn't accuse Vietnam veterans of war crimes.

One possible consequence...Hillary will probably be off the campaign trail until her husband recovers.
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure that Clinton will come through this okay. Bypass surgeries are pretty routine in major academic centers like New York presbyterian hospital - it's like an assembly line for these hospitals People who have the surgery usually spend up to a week in the hospital after the surgery to recover. By this time next week, this will be old news and Slick Willy will be out in full force again. :)
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Clinton in Hospital Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:

One possible consequence...Hillary will probably be off the campaign trail until her husband recovers.

I wouldn't count on it. While he is getting ready to go under the knife she was calling in her radio/tv interviews from the state fair.
wvobiwan
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Clinton in Hospital Reply with quote

lrb111 wrote:
Steve Z wrote:

I wouldn't count on it. While he is getting ready to go under the knife she was calling in her radio/tv interviews from the state fair.

She might be happy for not having to bring him along...he doesn't help her much...:>)

But best wishes Bill, you're a disgrace of a President but I honestly hope you get better soon.
ontheright
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You've gotta be kiddin', right? The love these two have for each other is so overwhelmingly apparent. Rolling Eyes
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to the Geedunk, shortly...
kman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate what he did to the Office, but I wish the man a speedy recovery.

Kurt

PS A man has both heart and character. Good thing for him too, cause when the surgeons crack open his chest, they will find the former and have no need to search for the latter Twisted Evil.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate him for what he did to the office, military, economy, women, the sanctity of marriage, wako, our credibility and his total lack of action for eight years while terrorists came here and prepared for the attack, not getting Osama when he was offered to us and the list goes on and on. As far as the surgery, I hope it goes well because if it doesn't Kerry will win on the sympathy vote. I can only think of Vince Foster and Ron Browns family when I think of Clinton, I wish them well and that is from the heart. I am a little numb on the feelings issue with either Clinton. Bill and Hillary fell asleep during Reagans funeral service, that sticks with me. Semper Fi.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I hope Bill makes it through the surgery, makes a full recovery, and spends a long, healthy life with Hillary by his side, till death do them part. That would be revenge enough for me. Wink
tugboatphil
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the Kerry Campaign has said all year long, "I'm a little bit suspicious of the timing of the announcement!" Wink

Ditto the best wishes. Perhaps he'll get a Republican surgeon. Maybe Jesse Helms could donate a vein for the bypass. Rolling Eyes

Don't Sweat the Mule Goin' Blind,
Just Keep Loadin' the Wagon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: