SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marine Corps Times Ad on Kerry's Betrayal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HardCorps
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Marine Corps Times Ad on Kerry's Betrayal Reply with quote

On page 45 in this week's Marine Corps Times which is read globally by our troops, there is a full page ad written by Dexter Lehtinen former US Attorney and Vietnam Vet / Ranger. There are several good pictures and excellent text that I know will grab the attention of the younger Devil Dogs that may not know what Kerry did. This is the first time I have ever seen someting like this in a military paper and it's a great start.

The following is from another site and has part of the ad:

Dexter Lehtinen-- a real Vietnam war hero who earned his Purple Hearts-- explains one of the many reasons why Kerry is unfit to be the Commander in Chief.

Here's a bit of it:

In 1971, I awoke after three days of unconsciousness aboard a hospital ship off the coast of Vietnam. I could not see, my jaws were wired shut and my left cheekbone was missing, a gaping hole in its place. Later, while still at St. Albans Naval Hospital, one of my earliest recollections is of hearing about Kerry's testimony before Congress. I remember lying there, in disbelief, as I learned how Kerry told the world that the Army that I served in was reminiscent of Genghis Khan's; that officers like me routinely let their men plunder villages and rape villagers; that ''war crimes'' committed in Vietnam by my fellow soldiers ``were not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command.''

Then Kerry went to Paris, meeting with North Vietnamese enemy officials, while our soldiers still fought in the field. The pain and disbelief I felt listening to his words went deeper than the pain I felt from the enemy fire that wounded my face. I was discharged from the hospital 18 months later. The wounds inflicted by the enemy had fully healed. More than 30 years later, the wounds inflicted by Kerry continue to bring pain to scores of Vietnam veterans. Those wounds -- the bearing of false witness against me and a generation of courageous young Americans who fought and died in Vietnam -- are more serious than any warranting a Purple Heart. They never go away.

Today, new generations of heroes are serving our country, defending our freedoms from an insidious enemy. One of them is my son, a Marine Corps weapons officer who flies the F/A 18 Hornet. He belongs to the same Marine Corps that Kerry ridiculed with his 1971 book cover showing protesters simulating the Iwo Jima Memorial, raising an upside down American flag. He flies the same F-18 fighter jet that Kerry voted against in the Senate. Yet Kerry shamelessly drapes himself in the imagery of Vietnam, military service and the support of veterans, devoid of any media scrutiny. Veterans' criticism falls on deaf ears, and legitimate criticism of Kerry's post-war record is discredited as a personal attack or an attack against his service.

Kerry surrounds himself with a handful of veterans and claims overwhelming support from the veteran community. Yet he won't answer or apologize for the wounds he inflicted on them, insisting that his Vietnam experience gives him credibility on defense issues. If Kerry wants to exploit his service, he should at least have the courage to look veterans like me in the eye and give an honest answer on his actions then, his votes since and his plans for the future.

Miami

Lehtinen, a Miami attorney, was wounded in 1971 while serving as a reconnaissance platoon leader in Vietnam.
-ANGLICO FAC - Iraqi Freedom
hiyall
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poignant and moving letter! 'nuff said.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Kerry insults all of us Reply with quote

John Kerry insults all of us, not just Viet Nam Vets. If I had had a one such as him in my outfit, I would have shot him to be sure.
I've known a lot of military folk from many different branches in many different countries and to a man they all think that men such as Kerry do a greater service for the enemy than they do for their own country. The Norwegians have a name for men like him, " Quisling" and I do not doubt that he has well earned the title in that respect.
No matter what country you're from or what your military experience has been, there's one thing you have in common with all other combat veterans around the world. That is the experience of looking death in the face and not knowing if you would be alive in the next moment. Such an experience marks a man indelibly in a way that is easily recognizable
to others who have shared the same experience. I see no such mark on John Kerry.
Indeed, all I see in John Kerry is the pure white face of a virgin, a wanabe who's pretense is as transparent as glass. Evil or Very Mad

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Kerry insults all of us Reply with quote

John Kerry insults all of us, not just Viet Nam Vets. If I had had a one such as him in my outfit, I would have shot him to be sure.
I've known a lot of military folk from many different branches in many different countries and to a man they all think that men such as Kerry do a greater service for the enemy than they do for their own country. The Norwegians have a name for men like him, " Quisling" and I do not doubt that he has well earned the title in that respect.
No matter what country you're from or what your military experience has been, there's one thing you have in common with all other combat veterans around the world. That is the experience of looking death in the face and not knowing if you would be alive in the next moment. Such an experience marks a man indelibly in a way that is easily recognizable
to others who have shared the same experience. I see no such mark on John Kerry.
Indeed, all I see in John Kerry is the pure white face of a virgin, a wanabe who's pretense is as transparent as glass. Evil or Very Mad

Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is "Stars and Stripes" still the most read paper (by vets)?

I would donate to an add there.
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I served in combat as a Infantryman in 1971-72 and was at one of the largest battles of the war in 1972 in the central highlands. John Kerry is a traitor pure and simple. He should be charged with crimes and tried along with Jane Fonda and several others. I will use every thing in my legal power to defeat John Kerry.

William B. Page
www.thebattleofkontum.com
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Semper Fi to all my Yank mates Reply with quote

Hey lads, Mad
This old sarge has got a got a face for the leftist goonies and a few choice words which I can't print here because someone might get offended.
I think I'll just have to write it in code like Sgt. Snorkel: "!!!**&*%!???!~*&^%#$~?!!! I think most of you will get my message.

Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is great, thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: