SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry gets the "No Thanks" in Steubenville, Ohio b

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaplain Nick
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Kerry gets the "No Thanks" in Steubenville, Ohio b Reply with quote

There is an interesting photo on Drudge report and his blog with Kerry trap shooting, but here is the real story that they didn't tell about the arrangements which was found on http://www.freerepublic.com

STEUBENVILLE - Sen. John Kerry, the Democratic presidential nominee, has once again made arrangements to visit Steubenville.

Kerry had originally planned a stop Aug. 20, but he canceled the visit because of reported scheduling conflicts. That visit has been rescheduled, according to John Abdalla, head of the Jefferson County Democratic Party, who said he had spoken with members of Kerry's campaign about the visit.

Abdalla and Dan Trevas, communications director for the Ohio Democratic Party, said Kerry will make an appearance at the Fort Steuben Visitor's Center on Third Street between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. Saturday. Abdalla also said Kerry's campaign members have indicated the presidential hopeful would like to be able to trap shoot in the area if his schedule allows.

"I know he's an avid sportsman. I'd heard last time he was looking for shooting opportunities," said Trevas.

Bob Hickle, owner of the Island Creek Sporting Clay business on Jefferson County Road 56, said he was contacted two weeks ago by local Democratic representatives to see whether Kerry would be able to trap shoot there.

"I told them 'Oh no,'" Hickle said.

Hickle said the representatives indicated Kerry wanted to shoot and use the event as a photo and campaign opportunity. Hickle said the Democratic representatives thought he would be supportive of Kerry's campaign since he is a pipefitter, union laborer and a Vietnam veteran. But Hickle said he does not support Kerry.

"I told them he (Kerry) could come and shoot, but he couldn't use it as a campaign vehicle," he said.

Kerry has been campaigning at various sites around the area including Wheeling, Pittsburgh and Youngstown.
"We're just delighted to have him back in the state," Trevas said. "I think it just shows the importance of Eastern Ohio in this election. Eastern Ohioans have put their lives into their jobs and are seeing little in return under the Bush administration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: