SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry A Lifetime Member of VFW?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennyd1165
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Kerry A Lifetime Member of VFW? Reply with quote

In his speech to the VFW last week, Kerry started his speech by saying:

"Thank you. I am proud to be a lifetime member of this organization and grateful for your continued deep commitment to veterans and to the defense and security of our nation."

Yet, the AP in 2003 reported the following in a story about Kerry's Finances:

"The senator, a Vietnam veteran, is listed as becoming a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars in February 2001. His spokesman Tony Wyche said it was not clear whether Kerry was a member before then. Kerry's war service has been a frequent campaign topic."

Link: http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/breaking_news/5880038.htm?1c

Not to mention what he said about the American Legion and VFW in The New Soldier.

I know this is no big deal, but why the deception.

LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lifetime member just means that you paid for lifetime membership, no yearly dues. Doesn't matter when you joined.
kennyd1165
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Ok.. Reply with quote

Ok, I guess he is technically correct then... but it is deceptive to the rest of us. Kind of the "Oh, I better join the VFW before I run for president, or someone will ask why I don't belong and if I still feel the same way as I did in The New Soldier."
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: Ok.. Reply with quote

kennyd1165 wrote:
Ok, I guess he is technically correct then... but it is deceptive to the rest of us. Kind of the "Oh, I better join the VFW before I run for president, or someone will ask why I don't belong and if I still feel the same way as I did in The New Soldier."

You have just recieved another Lesson in "Kerry 101". It doesn't matter what the facts are as long as he can make himself appear to be all things to all people. He is a charletan and a chameleon. (They weren't buying his speach at the Convention though, last time I saw looks like that on a Colonels face someone was being removed from command)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As he well knows, claiming Lifetime membership only sounds meaningful to those outside the organization. With his money (or, should I say Teresa's?) he could easily afford the $195.00 fee to join as a Lifetime member.

If he had waited until next year, after he truns 61, it would have only cost him $165.00 Wink , but he wouldn't be able to make such broad, yet technically correct, claims.

However, in signing the membership application, he signed the following;

Quote:
I attest that I am a citizen of the United States, that my Campaign Service was honorable, that I have never subsequently been discharged from military service under dishonorable conditions. I further give authority to the Veterans of Foreign Wars to verify honorable overseas service entitling me to membership.

His overseas service is and has been questionable. Furthermore, did they fail to uncover his post overseas campaign service record? Left up to me, his application would have been denied.
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
As he well knows, claiming Lifetime membership only sounds meaningful to those outside the organization. With his money (or, should I say Teresa's?) he could easily afford the $195.00 fee to join as a Lifetime member.

If he had waited until next year, after he truns 61, it would have only cost him $165.00 Wink , but he wouldn't be able to make such broad, yet technically correct, claims.

However, in signing the membership application, he signed the following;

Quote:
I attest that I am a citizen of the United States, that my Campaign Service was honorable, that I have never subsequently been discharged from military service under dishonorable conditions. I further give authority to the Veterans of Foreign Wars to verify honorable overseas service entitling me to membership.

His overseas service is and has been questionable. Furthermore, did they fail to uncover his post overseas campaign service record? Left up to me, his application would have been denied.

It would be GREAT if they kicked him out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: