SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JFK at Lambert Field - A man of the People

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: JFK at Lambert Field - A man of the People Reply with quote

JFK - He's our man -- has his finger on the pulse of the nation!

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/560azqaa.asp

Quote:
The Packer Faithful
Will John Kerry's "Lambert Field" slip cost him in Wisconsin?
by Stephen F. Hayes
New York
"LAMBEAU!" Karl Rove grinned as he shouted the name of the Green Bay Packers legendary stadium. Rove was in an elevator at the Millennium Hotel in New York City after addressing the Wisconsin Republican delegation at breakfast this morning. As the doors of the elevator were closing, I asked him what he thought about "Lambert Field." That's what John Kerry called Lambeau in an appearance in Green Bay last week.

Other speakers brought up the Kerry gaffe unprompted. Representative Rob Portman (R-OH), Bush's closest ally in the House of Representatives, mocked Kerry as he sought to rally the dairy state delegates for the campaign's final two months. "These next 60 days are going to be exciting to you for another reason, too," said Portman. "I believe the Green Bay Vikings . . . under the leadership of Brett Fever . . . up there on the frozen whatever it is . . . at Lambert Field . . . they're going to win another title!"
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Michigan Buckeyes??? Reply with quote

He apparently doesn't follow college ball either: http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=6920

Here's what he said at a Michigan rally soon after a trip through Ohio:

Quote:
"I just came here from Bowling Green," Kerry told the crowd to subdued applause. "I was smart enough not to pick a choice between the Falcons and the, well, you know, all those other teams out there. I just go for Buckeye football, that's where I'm coming from."

At that point, before all the boos began raining down upon him, Kerry seemed to realize his error. In an attempt to silent the angry crowd of University of Michigan supporters, Kerry said, "But that was while I was in Ohio. I know I'm in the state of Michigan and you got a great big M and a powerhouse of a team." Then his face, presumably, the Botox permitting, turned Big Blue.
DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me of a time that a fellow employee was wanting to wag his tongue with the other hunters at work. He told of how he forgot to take the bullet out of the deer and while cooking some of the meat, the bullet went off.
Freaking clueless!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: