SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

List of John Kerry's fabrications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thepunisher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: List of John Kerry's fabrications Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a list of the fabrications John Kerry has been caught in so far by the Swift Boat Veterans? I am looking for a list of the first account by John Kerry and then the changes he has made in his story after the SBVT's pointed out the discrepancies. Specifically, the quote where John claims all boats on the Bay Hap River fled except his boat, and then the retraction of that statement. I think it would go a long way to show the success the SBVT have had so far.

I am really starting to question the sanity of John Kerry.
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: my personal score sheet Reply with quote

List of the hits on Kerry ...

1) No Christmas in Cambodia (confirmed by Kerry staff)

2) No wound from mine shrapnel for third PH (Kerry's journal, Rassman)

3) Kerry fled the mine, not the other boats (confirmed by helmsman)

4) Silver Star with V on DD214 (maybe be clerical error but false none the less)

5) 4 Campaign Star correction on DD215 submitted by Kerry (Navy says only eligible for 2)

6) Sec Nav Lehman says doesn't know how 3rd citation for SS got his signiature.

7) First PH disputed by Doctor and Rear Admiral ("self inflicted" possible from Kerry camp)

8 Some of "Band of Brothers" not present for incidents they attested to at DNC

9) Rassman doesn't know what boat he was on ...

10) "I committed atrocities ..." (Kerry's own words in 1971)
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on boat position...

check out letter from I think O'Neil on home page (swiftvets)... recent ltr tells that Sandusky (with Kerry band of brothers) gave acct (against kerry's) when he was allowed to talk to someone.... after that they can't talk without kerry's handlers anymore....

kerry's version should be in maybe his book? Possibly written on one of his citations...
Solo Prime
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Punisher" asks the question that I would ask and "FF 1047" gave some excellent answers but....

What I think would be very helpful would be 'links' to documentation on the web to substantiate the 'evolution' on the part of the Kerry team.

For example:
1) Christmas in Cambodia--Kerry makes claim in his book page # etc.
Campaign acknowledges no Christmas in Cambodia (reference news story or press release on web--here's the link)

Perform this exercise to clearly show the genesis of the entire debate with all the available links in order to show that it is the Kerry campaign that is back-peddling-not the Swifites.

You get the idea.

Has anyone done this yet and if so, where may I find it?
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: List of the hits on Kerry ...

Remove #5, "4 Campaign Star correction ..."

There are other posts on this forum that say that he also earned 2 stars for being on the Coast Guard vessel for 2 campaigns.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimlarsen wrote:
re: List of the hits on Kerry ...

Remove #5, "4 Campaign Star correction ..."

There are other posts on this forum that say that he also earned 2 stars for being on the Coast Guard vessel for 2 campaigns.

Certain campaigns would be eligible, right? What leads you to believe that Kerry qualified for four campaigns? What message did you read? Do you have the URL?
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These two threads discuss it.

Thread#1

Thread#2

note: URLs changed to hypertext
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimlarsen wrote:
These two threads discuss it.

Thread#1

Thread#2

Then he's claiming one of the other Counteroffensive Campaigns - III, IV, and/or V. Was Gridley officially included in those campaigns?
warnergt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Other "hits" on Kerry Reply with quote

Other "hits" on Kerry:

- He promised to release all his military records but hasn't.
One promise is here:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4772030/
The truth is here:
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/president/articles/2004/04/20/kerry_refuses_to_release_more_records/
and here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A21239-2004Aug21.html

- Kerry's website took credit for action actually belonging to Edward Peck.
They have since been removed:
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2004/04/24/kerrys_thigh_has_shrapnel_records_show/
More here:
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/president/kerry/articles/2004/04/23/discrepancies_noted_in_kerrys_record/
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of what you are looking for is here. If you haven't tried the search feature, do so.

Also ask Herb. He knows his way around R&R.
9year_Army_Vet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new to the Swift Boat Veteran's website and discussion forum, but I have noticed an inconsistency in the documentation of the second and third Purple Hearts, as posted on John Kerry's official website. I feel I need to bring this to someone's attention, as I can not be sure it hasn't been noticed before.

Please refer to this .pdf: http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice/militaryrecords_1.pdf
While the written orders for the second and third awards contain what appears to be correct information (administratively speaking), the award certificates do not match the written orders in that they have the incorrect "gold star in lieu of...." information. The certificate for the second award states "GOLD STAR IN LIEU OF THE THIRD AWARD OF THE", while the certificate for the third award states "GOLD STAR IN LIEU OF THE SECOND AWARD OF THE".

I apologize if this has been discussed before.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: List... Reply with quote

9year_Army_Vet wrote:
...award certificates do not match the written orders...

From my perspective, your first post here is a real WHOPPER! Few of us have had much experience because this effort has been underway for only a short time. I've looked at those records only casually because I thought the experienced members had already caught the major errors and lies. Perhaps they have but not me. (edited for spelling)
OldDem
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Another falsehood Reply with quote

This may be somewhat minor but I think it helps to demonstrate a pattern in which John Kerry tends to exaggerate his role in life, not unlike Walter Mitty.
Kerry was allowed to quit the Navy six months early in order to run for Congress in the old 3rd Massachusetts district. After less than 60 days his campaign folded like a $2 suitcase. His JFK war hero personna did not play in antiwar eastern Mass. The Jesuit priest, Robert Drinan, knocked him out of the race on February 21, 1970 at a caucus held at the Concord/Carlisle High School. Kerry played no role in Drinan's election to Congress. Nevertheless he told both Douglas Brinkley, the author of Tour of Duty, and Gerald Nicosia, the author of Home to War, the History of the VVAW, that he went on to Chair Drinan's successful campaign. Without independent verification both historians(?) published this fabrication.

I'm OldDem and I'm Mad as Zell!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: