SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1st PH & Zaladonis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rayabacus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: 1st PH & Zaladonis Reply with quote

Where was Zaladonis stationed on 12/2/68? Swiftboats.net show Zaladonis was stationed at An Thoi from 10/68 to 4/69. What was he doing on a night mission run from Cam Ranh Bay? Since we know that Schacte was on board and the mission always consited of two officers and one EM, and both Runyon and Zaladonis say thery were both on the boat with Kerry, someone either cannot count to four or is being untruthful. While I am not quite ready to point the liar finger at Zaladonis, I'm leaning that way.

If Zaladonis' testament can be impeached then it is a given that this incident is a conspiracy cooked up by Runyon, Zaladonis & Kerry. If that is the case then it answers the ? I have always had of why 3 FNG's went on their 1st mission together.

Feel free to poke holes in this.[/b]
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: 1st PH & Zaladonis Reply with quote

rayabacus wrote:
Where was Zaladonis stationed on 12/2/68? Swiftboats.net show Zaladonis was stationed at An Thoi from 10/68 to 4/69. What was he doing on a night mission run from Cam Ranh Bay? Since we know that Schacte was on board and the mission always consited of two officers and one EM, and both Runyon and Zaladonis say thery were both on the boat with Kerry, someone either cannot count to four or is being untruthful. While I am not quite ready to point the liar finger at Zaladonis, I'm leaning that way.

If Zaladonis' testament can be impeached then it is a given that this incident is a conspiracy cooked up by Runyon, Zaladonis & Kerry. If that is the case then it answers the ? I have always had of why 3 FNG's went on their 1st mission together.

Feel free to poke holes in this.[/b]

swiftboats.net apparently isn't currently accessible.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
rmeals
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just go to the archived google pages for swiftboats.net
rmeals
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the archived swiftboats.net website, listing for PCF-31 time period covering December 1968.

Lawrence C. Stoneberg, LT, OinC 8/68-7/69 An Thoi/Cat Lo Des Plaines, IL
Gilbert Ruttenberg, EN3 rgilval1@aol.com 8/68-10/68 An Thoi/Cat Lo Lincoln, MI
Joseph L. Ponder, GMG3 JosephPonder@cs.com 8/68-11/68 An Thoi/Cat Lo WIA 11/24/68 ---- Keystone Heights, FL
Robert W. McGowan, QM3 rwmac@ibm.net 8/68-11/68 An Thoi/Cat Lo WIA 11/24/68 ---- Model, CO
Jack Brent Shamley, SN jshamley01@bresnan.net 8/68-7/69 An Thoi/Cat Lo East Helena, MT
Daniel Voit Armstrong, BM2 darmstng@ix.netcom.com 8/68-12/69 An Thoi/Cat Lo Encinitas, CA
William Martin Zaladonis, EN3 BigZPlus3@aol.com 10/68-4/69 An Thoi/Cat Lo Sanford, FL
Harry Leo Cannon, RD2 10/68-4/69 An Thoi/Cat Lo New Orleans, LA --- WIA 4/12/69

Just a thought - any spot reports etc showing what PCF-31 was doing that day?
rayabacus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Gardner the answer? Reply with quote

Just occurred to me that Steve Gardner was there at the same time & on Pcf-44 with Zaldonis. Since Gardner signed the letter & is part of SBVFT, if he has knowledge that Zaldonis is not truthful wouldn't he come forward?
rmeals
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone on PCF-31 during the timeframe of late November and early December 1968 should be able to say either Zaldonis was with us all the time or account for how he ended up with Kerry for that one day. Wherever he was, even if there is not a report for the incident on December 2nd, there should be reports showing activities during the weeks before and after for PCF-31 that would help reveal the truth.
gospelmidi
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: I appended your comments to another thread. Reply with quote

http://web2.hannity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1496934

Perhaps you can add insight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: