SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Well, perhaps your tactics do have SOME merit....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TexasCop
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Well, perhaps your tactics do have SOME merit.... Reply with quote

Kerry is now down by double digits in the polls. Although I disagree with the tactics, at least they have positive results. I'm not one that agrees that the ends justify the means, and I still disagree with attacking his military record, but this country would be supremely screwed with John Kerry at the helm. Call me one suffering from mixed emotions. Smile
Survivor of the Dept. of Homeland Security COBRATF Live Agent facility (HUAH!)
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on TC, if anyone has attacked Kerry’s “military record,” it’s Kerry himself when he threw his medals away and made false accusation against his fellow vets saying that they committed “all kinds of atrocities,” and that that he himself committed the “same kind of atrocities.”
BillC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is doing him self. hes the one that was a Navy Officer and did not report what was going on. and also hes the one that was tosing his Awards over a fence and telling everyone how we were doing bad things to kids and women.HE could of filed the charges on his C.O. or others if any of it was true,after he came back to the USA but he did not. so with everything he did this also says he was NOT doing his duty as a officer.Kerry has no balls then or now.I know I would not want him as my C.O. because hes always taken the easy way out. better not to Vote than to go onto recored.
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TC,

You have to see that Kerry brought up his Viet Nam service and held it up as an example of his "leadership potential" Rolling Eyes and asked the American Voters to judge him on his Viet Nam experience.

Kerry has not even brought up his past 35 years of public service as an example of his potential to be leader of the free world.

Had Kerry not used his military service, it would not have been an issue as strong as it is today.

I like to use the example' What if Lyndie England was running for elected office and used her "experience in Iraq as an example of her leadership, would YOU vote for her?

Think about it.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
zipper51
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would like to see the election be decided on the issues but it is hard to overlook the candidate’s character. And I think that lying about your past in an attempt to aggrandize yourself is a character flaw that, I think, makes you unfit for the highest office in the nation.

The men here at SwiftVets were courageous for their service in Vietnam but also for the standing up for what they swear is the truth about a candidates past. They had to know that Kerry was going to attack them personally, which he did.

Put yourself in their position, if you knew that one of your former colleagues was lying about his Police service record just to obtain an powerful position, would you reveal the truth knowing that you would be open to personal attack?

I think these guys did the right thing.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
eliptak
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Kerry is the issue!! Reply with quote

I keep hearing the talking heads, and regular people too, saying "we need to get back to the issues."

John Kerry IS THE ISSUE!! Character does count.

We lived through eight years of Bill Clinton who wouldn't know the truth if it hit him in the head. The country couldn't stand another four or eight years of a congenital liar as President.
1966-1967
rayabacus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: how else? Reply with quote

I agree with you that I do not believe that the "ends justify the means". However I can see no other way to accomplish what needs to be done. Kerry's medals are germain to both his campaign and to his actions while with VVAW. In order to rerveal the character of the man, you must impeach his "heroic veneer". The news conferernce the SBVFT held caused not a ripple in the media. Kerry parading himself about with his "Band of Brothers", claiming to be a war hero, telling a multitude of lies, and encouraging his Viet Nam supporters to lie in concert with him is comparable to the "Manchurian Candidate".

There happens to be more than one John Kerry. (None of them, in my opinion, qualifed to be President) The voting public deserves to see the man that he is, not the man that he purports to be. If the media would do the job it is supposed to do, this site wouldn't even be here. They are obviously not going to do the job since Kerry is already a proven liar at least three times, impeached by his own words and records, so we have to work to get the truth out.

"The truth is neither good not bad.....it is just simply the truth."
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Tactics Reply with quote

Moveon.org and America hater Michael Moore made discussions based on the issues impossible.

In point of fact the possibility having Bendict Arnold in charge of the armed forces of the United States is the issue.

Pete Bartow
USMC 75-80
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Well, perhaps your tactics do have SOME merit.... Reply with quote

TexasCop wrote:
Quote:
" . . . and I still disagree with attacking his military record . . ."

How about "exposing" his falsified military record?
How about justice in the face of abuse of military honor?
How about telling the truth to lies?
How about a sense of honor and courage in the face of self-centered hypocrisy?
How about a spirit of service to our country in a time of extreme peril?
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take issue with those who characterize the Swiftvets "attack" on Kerry as an "end justifies the means" sort of attack. This is nothing more or less than an attempt to set the record straight.

Since when did telling the truth become "a means to an end"? Since when did upholding the honor of the service and of those who paid the ultimate price become "a means to an end"? Since when did exposing a liar to the truth become "a means to an end"? Since when did restoring the honor and dignity of an entire generation become "a means to an end"?

It is a slap in the face of every man and woman who served honorably during the Vietnam war to say that when we tell the truth it is somehow distasteful. It is an insult to the dead of that war to say that correcting the lies is negative. It's an outrage to speak the truth and be criticized and condemned for doing so.

John Kerry is the one who is willing to accept any means to justify his end. John Kerry is the one who falsified official military records so he could run for President as a war hero. John Kerry is the one who appropriated the honorable deeds of other men and claimed them for his own. John Kerry is the one who stole the honor of a generation. John Kerry is the one who breached the trust of his commanding officers and befouled the uniform which he wore. John Kerry is the one who made a mockery of the honorable service of the American military officer.

Like it or not, the truth will be told, and this generation will take our honor back. No politician, no party, no platform, no election is as important as the honor of our men and women who sacrifice their lives and their fortunes so we can live in freedom. No act is so evil as that which attempts to steal or besmirch that honor. And no man is so foul as he who lies to steal that honor from others.
tford60
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Disagree! Reply with quote

Well texas, I am a retired police officer with two serving police officer sons, both of whom have been decorated by their respective departments. I an happy to tell you that both of them never reported their own deed's, nor did they ask to be recognized by their department's, others did it for them.

As a U.S. Navy vet., as well a retired police officer, I find Kerry's actions to be dispicable, both while in Viet Nam (reporting his own wounds), and at the senate hearings, where he lied time and time again!

While you may not agree with the methods, I know you agree with the results! This man is without honor, and as such does not deserve the vote of any American citizen who values this country! Mad
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagl,
That was a 10 on my Richter Scale. You last post shoud be read out loud on every talk radio show and by every talking head on TV. Thank you.
NavCPO (Ret)
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagl wrote:
...this generation will take our honor back. No politician, no party, no platform, no election is as important as the honor of our men and women who sacrifice their lives and their fortunes so we can live in freedom. No act is so evil as that which attempts to steal or besmirch that honor. And no man is so foul as he who lies to steal that honor from others.

That cuts it to the point. This isn't about medals or After Action Reports, this is about who we are and who John Kerry has tried to define us as being. Damn the MSM, full speed ahead! (with apologies to Adm. Farragut)

note: BBcode corrected
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: No Game! Reply with quote

Youre all right! Team kerry is hurting, and the owie wont go away. I think its halarious to see him squirm, hes known as waffle boy, so whats he do? he calls Bush a waffler, Come on kerry "Do something original". You got no game, cut a few checks and hire a "real team".
DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to reply with something that was deep and convincing but it seems baldeagl did it all. I want to deny that it hurts me to read about John Kerry's past, I want to deny that it has anything to do with me. But as coldwarvet continues to point out... If you don't learn from the past you're bound to repeat it..

John Kerry slanders all vets when he turns his coat inside out to become the other side and all of you vets understand this. It's your comeraderie that made your service time special. It was the understanding that you'd have your ass covered. This dude threw that all aside for his personal gain. I don't for a minute believe he cared about anybody he served with.

This isn't about getting George Bush reelected, it's about not getting John Kerry elected. We'll send a signal to all those anti-vet forces out there that you had better pay the piper.

0ne simple act will bring all this to a close, have John Kerry sign his form to release his records as George W. Bush has done. Why so difficult John? Every single person on this board should request that their local TV stations and newspapers ask for it. Every single person in the U.S. should be able to see what John Kerry has done to demand "hero" status.

Tell John Kerry I'll sign a 180 if he will.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: