SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A new Kerry combat incident?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: A new Kerry combat incident? Reply with quote

Everyone,in reading over the 1971 Senate testimony, Kerry starts talking about how unreliable the militia allies were and relates this story:

"I can cite many, many instances, sir, as in combat when these men refused to fight with us, when they shot with their guns over tin this area like this and their heads turned facing the other way. When we were taken under fire we Americans, supposedly fighting with them, and pinned down in a ditch, and I was in the Navy and this was pretty unconventional, but when we were pinned down in a ditch recovering bodies or something and they refused to come in and help us, point blank refused. I don't believe they want to fight, sir."

I don't think I have heard this story discussed anywhere else. Is Kerry claiming that he was pinned down in a ditch, underfire recovering bodies? Anyone, am I reading this wrong, or is this an entirely new engagement that has not been mentioned before?
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: A new Kerry combat incident? Reply with quote

Hammer2 wrote:
Everyone,in reading over the 1971 Senate testimony, Kerry starts talking about how unreliable the militia allies were and relates this story:

"I can cite many, many instances, sir, as in combat when these men refused to fight with us, when they shot with their guns over tin this area like this and their heads turned facing the other way. When we were taken under fire we Americans, supposedly fighting with them, and pinned down in a ditch, and I was in the Navy and this was pretty unconventional, but when we were pinned down in a ditch recovering bodies or something and they refused to come in and help us, point blank refused. I don't believe they want to fight, sir."

I don't think I have heard this story discussed anywhere else. Is Kerry claiming that he was pinned down in a ditch, underfire recovering bodies? Anyone, am I reading this wrong, or is this an entirely new engagement that has not been mentioned before?

Who was on the boats, if Kerry and crew were in a ditch? One of the reasons Kerry shouldn't have left his boat in the silver star event is that he had a duty to protect his boat from being captured by the enemy. If he was so far away from the boat that he needed Ruff Puffs to protect him instead of using the boat's guns he was in serious trouble to begin with.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: