SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where in the world is Jim Rassman?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Where in the world is Jim Rassman? Reply with quote

28 Jan 1998, John Kerry in the Congressional Record: “There was the time we were carrying Special Forces up a river and a mine exploded under our boat sending it 2 feet into the air. …the boat made a high speed turn to starboard and the Green Beret kept going--straight into the river.” (This would be PCF 94)

Johnkerry.com 17 Jan 2004: "On March 13, 1969, Rassman, a Green Beret, was traveling down the Bay Hap river in a boat behind Kerry’s when both were ambushed by exploding land mines and enemy fire coming from the shore. Kerry was hit in the arm, while a mine blew Rassman’s boat out of the water." (This would be PCF 43)

Douglas Brinkley, Atlantic Monthly 10 Mar 2004: "For example, when talking about the day Kerry charged up the river to save Army Lieutenant Jim Rassman who had been blown off a neighboring Swift boat by an explosion.." (Uncertain which boat- in Brinkley's book it is PCF 35)

LA Times 5 Jul 2004 : "A blast rocked PCF-94, pitching Kerry against the bulkhead and wrenching his arm. Another charge blew Army Lt. James Rassman into the river from another boat." (Uncertain which boat)

5 Aug 2004 James Rassman on CNN Inside Politics:: "Well, first, I was not part of John Kerry's command. I was a Special Forces officer who happened to be on his boat at that time.
Mr. Thurlow's recollection of what occurred is not accurate. We had the boat hit the mine to our left. And John immediately had his driver, Del Sandusky , turn to the left and head towards it.
And it was at that time that our gunner on the bow got his gun knocked out and he started screaming for another weapon. I ran another weapon up to me, and we hit something or something hit us. There was an explosion, and I was blown off the boat to the right. " (PCF 94)

8 Aug 2004 Aaron Brown of CNN: BROWN: “And that's what they were doing on the 13th of March, 1969, as one of four other boats in their convoy struck a mine. The battle was joined. And when Kerry directed Sandusky to make a sharp turn, a special forces soldier riding with them fell in the water.” (PCF 94)

10 Aug 2004 James Rassman OpinionJournal.com: “The second blast blew me off John's swift boat, PCF-94, throwing me into the river.”

“The flotilla… was cruising along a narrow canal, with Kerry’s boat toward the front, when a mine detonated, throwing one of the crafts two feet into the air and knocking out its engine. In the Swift boat behind it, Rassman was eating a chocolate chip cookie in the pilothouse when his craft was rocked by an explosion. Before he knew it, Rassman was thrown into the water…” Kranish et al, John F. Kerry, 2004 (PCF 23)

Question- how did Rassman get thrown into the river from the wheelhouse?

Last edited by drjohn on Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, what happened to Rassman? And Hurley, the head of Kerry's
Dog Hunters?
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note, replacing original text:

Until further notice, any discussion of this line of insinuation is prohibited within this forum.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Admin

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2645
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the "Band of Brothers" has gone A.W.O.L.

rats deserting the sinking ship!
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe their plan now is to simply not respond, but to have their media friends and campaign spokesmen repeat over and over, "It's all lies and SwiftVets are liars, all investigations have shown so."
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer2 wrote:
Looks like the "Band of Brothers" has gone A.W.O.L.

rats deserting the sinking ship!

Not even that. The Clinton team, with Snakehead, are not going to want the old Kerry strategy of having his 'brah band' stand behind him on stage. Sandusky and Thorsen have been in on this deal for YEARS. And Sandusky's accounts of 13 MAR are as incredible as Rassman's, or Kerry's. The question might be how the new Clinton team pushes out Mary Beth and the other screamers, and if they anger Sandusky, say, into telling the real story. Problem is, these Dog Chasers are probably so wrapped up in the web of tales and fictions, that they may literally have talked themselves out of an accurate recollection of what happened. Assuming Rassman ever knew, he might be the same way. And Kerry, forget it. Maybe Thorsen still has memories. Maybe those two LTs who just signed with Kerry might still know something? Maybe Lambert will come right out and say he's not sure, or that there was no return fire on 13 MAR. Have to see.
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thought is that the more they are forced to speak in public, the more they damage their own credibility.
The question is: Are they being kept out of sight, or are they refusing to participate any further than they already have?
Many people will participate in a fraud if they think there is a good reward for little pain, ie:Anita Hill. But when doing so causes them great public embarassment and criticism they quickly run for cover.
drjohn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That refers to Alston, not Rassman
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go here if you want to discuss Alston: http://idexer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14
rua
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Where in the world is Jim Rassman? Reply with quote

>Question- how did Rassman get thrown into the river from the wheelhouse?<

Perhaps he is JR the flying man? Goes right along with VC the flying dog. Rolling Eyes
ASPB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same way shrapnel got into the Pilot house and hit Kerry in the ass without hitting anyone else or damaging the boat. He didn't and it didn't.
drjohn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing that everyone seems to agree on is that Rassman was eating a chocolate chip cookie. Wink

Last edited by drjohn on Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
dfountain3928
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just occured to me, Rassman claims to have been on both Kerrys boat and the boat that actually hit the mine, ( I believe it was the 23 Boat?) and we don't seem to actually have an honest answer as to whose boat he really was on. Well, what about the other survivors, whose boat do they say Rassman was really was on?? Someone must have a memory of this other then Kerry and Rassman. Was Rassman actually there at all, or is this just another figment of an over active childlike imagination like Kerrys???
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how anyone can take him as a credible eye-witness when he doesn't even know what boat he was on before he entered the water.
ASPB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCF-3 hit the mine. He's put himself on PCF-3, PCF-43, and PCF-94 on different occasions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: