SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions for John Kerry's Swift Boat Crews

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RiflemanDD730
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Questions for John Kerry's Swift Boat Crews Reply with quote

This was sent to a number of news media and commentators. Because this is such a complex issue I thought focus on a few things could highlight enough information to guide future discussion.

START TEXT

Sometimes answers to a few key questions can lead to a focus that can simplify a complex issue.

Please ask Kerry’s crew the following as a first step.

1) Were you in Cambodia with John Kerry under orders with CIA, Special Forces, or Seals? If so when?
2) When was David Alston on the boat with John Kerry? What actions? Silver star? Bronze Star? Other?
3) On 3/13/69 did John Kerry’s boat travel 3miles away from the mine blast as reported in the SPOT report?
4) On 3/13/69 was there hostile fire for the 3mile fire zone as reported in the SPOT report?
5) On 3/13/69 did the hostile fire continue through the 11/2hour salvage of PCF-3?

END TEXT

The intent of the first two questions is obvious. The last three were selected because they seems to be related to the one area where a SPOT report differs from the various participants' accounts. Now it's not a conflict between hazy memories but a conflict between memories and a fresh account.

If the SPOT report is correct then the following implications follow.

1) PCF-94 was away from the rescue scene for at least 12 minutes(6 miles down & back) under constant hostile fire.
2) The PCF-3 salvage (> 1 hr) was at risk from hostile fire as well as the tow back through the fire zone, unless the VC are assumed to have left for some reason.
3) VC were very bad shooters; no bullet holes for that days action.

If the SPOT report is wrong (500 meters instead of 5000 meters) then the PCF-94 turnaround stories are more consistent. However the lack of damage from bullets and the apparent lack of fire during the salvage and tow are still unresolved. In addition we now are faced with the prospect that all documents are suspect and "the clerk did it" or "I was tired when I wrote it" defenses might be used.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: