SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Band Of Bros

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Band Of Bros Reply with quote

Can anyone list the service time for kerrys supporters while on his boat. For example I know Steve Gardner spent 10 weeks, the most time of any one. Rassman spent one or two days. What is the time spent on the boat of the other band of bros.

note: Title edited. Please refrain from using all caps in topic titles. Thanks
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry supporters make an issue of his supporters having “served on his boat”.

Facts: Del Sandusky 42 days 18 Missions
Fred Short 22 days 10 Missions
Gene Thorsen 42 days 18 Missions
Tom Belodeau 42 days 18 Missions Deceased
Gene Thorson 42 days 18 Missions
David Alston 7 days 2 Missions Not confirmed
Mike Medeiros 42 days 18 Missions

These are the only crewmen who served “on the boat” with Kerry during the period
in which he received a Silver Star, a Bronze Star, and 2 purple hearts. All enlisted men
Subordinate to Kerry who knew nothing of what he was saying to his peers or superiors.

The following never even served in the same division at the same time as Kerry except Skip Barker.

Jim Rassman 0 days 1 Mission Passenger
Pat Runyon 0 days 1 Mission Passenger
Skip Barker 65days unk Missions
Wade Sanders 0 days 0 Missions
Jim McDermott 0 days 0 Missions

60 Members of Swiftvets including virtually all of his peers and commanding officers in Coastal divisions 14 and 13..

as much as 120 days

“Unfit for Command” should be mandatory reading for every political reporter and
commentator in the nation.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, anything about Zaladonis?
ASPB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zaldonis would have been 06 Dec 68 until no later than 29 Jan 69 but I have no data to confirm.

Most of the crew of the 44 boat had been in country for almost a full tour when Kerry took over. For example, Gardner, who claims to have served the longest went home on 23 Jan 69. This is the primary reason Kerry was available to take over the 94 boat when Tedd Peck was wounded.

It seems most, if not all of his 44 boat crew had rotated stateside or were short-timers. Also, it was not uncommon for short-timers to be relieved as much as a month early if newer personnel were available.

For example, I was shoreside in Nha Be for the last 3 weeks of my tour.

Last edited by ASPB on Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, sir!
dfountain3928
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: confused Reply with quote

Sorry all but I'm very confused on this matter and hope that you can enlighten me. I was under the impression according to the info that I have read that Kerry only had actually 3mos combat and that in those 3mos that he had only been on 18 missions. Here is the confusion,Gardner
served with Kerry the longest, 10 wks,don't know how many missions he was involved with but 5 of the crew list 42 days on crew and 18 missions,short list 22days as crew 10 missions, Alston 7days 2 missions. If most of the crew were on 18 missions in as little as 42 days, one crewmember 10 missions in 22 days, then how come it took Kerry 3mos to complete 18 missions?? What is it that I'm not understanding here ??
Help me please, Inquiering minds want to know .
Mongo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enlighten me! Who were the two vets on the Boston Whaler that appeared at the Dem convention? If RADM Schacte was onboard and only three were there, one of these two have to be lying. What is thought?
ASPB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 18 missions were for the period 30 Jan 69 until 13 Mar 69. We don't have stats for the number of missions in Coastal Division 13 or after PCF-44 was transferred back to Coastal Division 11 on or about January 8, 1969.

I'd guess another 18-20 missions which which were largely coastal or Big River meaning the Mekong and the Co Chien in the COSDIV 13 AOR and during his brief stay in An Thoi in early Dec 68.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the list. It helps me to understand his supporters. Most seem like they were with him about 5 weeks. I think this should be brought out in interviews more.
debinNC
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
Enlighten me! Who were the two vets on the Boston Whaler that appeared at the Dem convention? If RADM Schacte was onboard and only three were there, one of these two have to be lying. What is thought?

After Adm. Schacte's recent interviews, I believe Zaldonis contradicted him and said the three were Kerry, Zaldonis, and Runyon (all of whom were on this type mission for the first and only time).
Mongo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has there been any added investigation to see if Zaldonis or Runyon are on the take? I believe the ADM was they only one that ran those missions from the Boston Whalers. Someone's lying!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: