SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Kerry Site ALREADY Organized w/A SWIFTEE Reference!!Yes!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: A Kerry Site ALREADY Organized w/A SWIFTEE Reference!!Yes!! Reply with quote

I have found this site to be comprehensive in toto. Obviously it has sources that have a pro-Kerry bias.
However, Swiftees are referenced vis a vis John O'Neill's book!!
This seems to be a good place to consult as far as a consolidation of information and then verify/debunk specific points of contention with, and including the various source sites that are cited within the very large article.
Our posts and the replies seem to be effective in clearing up the ambiguity of some of the misinformation that is genrated by and about Kerry.
Please add/modify/verify/etc, where appropriate.
Given the time constraints we will have to focus in order to post an accurate and comprehensive summary/commentary soon.
It can be done!
A heartfelt thanks to all who contribute.
Make it a great day!
Mary Ann Parker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerry
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you know a new version of the silver star incident.

[quote/]When Kerry heard that another Swift boat had been ambushed, he and his crew rushed to assist them. Kerry’s boat came under fire from several Viet Cong B-40 rockets, with one hitting and shattering the crew cabin windows.{/quote]

I wonder if this is the version sent in the recommendation for the silver star. Of course there is a problem if all 3 boats were together until Kerry left with one other boat, where did the 4th boat come from that was ambushed?
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been intrigued by this "Wikipedia" concept for some time now but don't understand how it works. Do you have a link that explains the process?

I assume you post suggested revisions to content, but who reviews those inputs and what are the politics of the webmaster?

I have better things to do with my time than waste it with the likes of a factcheck.org clone. Is wikipedia non-partisan?
jrsdad
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jalexson wrote:
What do you know a new version of the silver star incident.

Quote:
When Kerry heard that another Swift boat had been ambushed, he and his crew rushed to assist them. Kerry’s boat came under fire from several Viet Cong B-40 rockets, with one hitting and shattering the crew cabin windows.

I wonder if this is the version sent in the recommendation for the silver star. Of course there is a problem if all 3 boats were together until Kerry left with one other boat, where did the 4th boat come from that was ambushed?

This is the version touted by Hurley when he is asked on talk shows. He always has the damage report on PCF-94 from 14 March, which he says proves they were receiving fire. Unfortunately, ToD explains that this damage was from a 12 March ambush (it is variously called 11 March and 12 March in ToD) on p. 301-302. Whenever O'Neill is there he smacks him down on that. Unfortunately, many talking heads don't understand it even then.
TXBear
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only that but they can't agree on what Rassmann was doing

Quote:
Bronze Star and third Purple Heart

On March 13, Kerry's boat hit a mine while cruising the Bay Hap River. Army Lt. James Rassmann, a Green Beret who was sitting on the deck of the pilothouse eating a chocolate chip cookie, was knocked overboard as Kerry's arm was hit. Just afterwards, the boat came under attack from sniper fire on both sides of the bank.

I guess the cookie replaced the M-60
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I refer you to the new "medal evaluation" thread I posted.
jrsdad
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TXBear wrote:
I guess the cookie replaced the M-60

He was chewing on the M-60 on the pilothouse...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: