SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Kerry "The Dead Zone" Candidate?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightingale97
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Is Kerry "The Dead Zone" Candidate? Reply with quote

Everytime I see Stephen King's movie "The Dead Zone" I am reminded of how important it is to choose the right person as our president. Let's just say that I see John Kerry as the Martin Sheen character in the movie. It really worries me that voters could possibly elect someone so indecisive and irresponsible as Kerry. If you haven't seen the movie...rent it and it will scare Shocked the heck out of you. At least with Bush I know I can sleep at night.
kurtsprincess
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW nightingale......I had just posted this similarity on another message board.

Although I've never touched John Kerry, when I look at him or hear him it reminds me of that same character.

There was a series called the "Dead Zone", I think on USA, and the recurrin theme was this political candidate who ends up being elected President and then causes the destruction of the world.

And here I thought I was the only one that got that connection. Guess I'm not crazy after all.

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
nightingale97
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the TV series is based on the original 1983 movie starring Christopher Walken and Martin Sheen. My husband and I always judge the presidential candidates on whether they would "Hold up the Baby". John Kerry would DEFINITELY "hold up the baby" but George Bush would courageously stand tall.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you remember Johnny's last vision of Martin Sheen in the movie... Well, I think we'll be A-ok! LOL

SOTG

PS: The series on USA channel is done really well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: