SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Kerry quote is highly disturbing...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: New Kerry quote is highly disturbing... Reply with quote

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&ncid=703&e=3&u=/ap/20040906/ap_on_el_pr/kerry

Last paragraph.

In West Virginia, Cecil Roberts, president of the United Mine Workers of America, gave Kerry a rifle as a gift. Kerry, a self-described gun-owner and hunter, quipped: "I thank you for the gift, but I can't take it to the debate with me."

This guy is scary!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT'S JUST THAT LIBERAL GUN-TOTING HUMOR COMING OUT
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please keep in mind Kerry´s voting record is totally
anti-gun. He clouds his record by saying he is for gun
safety and appears with a shotgun. (This is because
he knows Gore lost many votes from pro-gun voters, especially
West Virginia and Tennessee).

Kerry has signed every anti-gun bill that has crossed his desk
and has a grade of F minus from the NRA.

Montana
John Gault
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if we'll see Chris Mathews pounding away at some Kerry hack.

"What does Sen Kerry mean by this comment? Is he saying he would actually try to assassinate the President of the US if he had the chance?" ect .. ect (like in the spitball/Miller).

..never happen...
The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. Whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles. _ Ayn Rand
Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's Kerry's lame idea at a joke.

So in touch with the common man, isn't he ?
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of his stance on gun control, it was a grossly inappropriate thing to say--C
Skywatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry has played to the hunters of America as being pro-gun (complete with plenty of photo ops) and espousing his support of the second ammendment. What's telling is that the second ammendment has absolutely nothing to do with hunting. Typical Kerry... Rolling Eyes
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to geedunk

Thanks
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A comment like that where I work =SWAT TEAM,JAIL & TERMINATION. He's technically on duty isnt he? SEMPER FI
farmgirl
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, being a women from Boston, even I believe that you have a RIGHT to protect yourself - with a gun - like the 2nd ammendment says. To see Kerry walking around with a gun, versace vest, Ralph Lauren Barn Coat makes me laugh. He looks so awkward and out of place - looks like a costume.
SandiM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This droid takes a wild stab at how a normal human might respond but he keeps getting it wrong. Maybe his circuits need rewiring? Microchip replacement? Sorry, I'm not being sensitive. The poor thing can't help it.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
KERRY COSPONSORED BILL BANNING GUN HE WAVES

Was Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry seen this weekend waving a gun which would have been banned if legislation he co-sponsored became law?

Kerry co-sponsored S. 1431 last year (“The Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003) which would have banned a "semiautomatic shotgun that has a pistol grip.”

Opponents of the bill successfully argued how nearly all guns have "pistol grips," inluding millions of Browning Auto-5 shotguns produced since 1903.

Photos show Kerry's hand resting on the "pistol grip," as loosely defined in the bill. [Section SEC. 2; (H) (ii) and (b)(42): "The term 'pistol grip' means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip."]

Kerry was presented with the semiautomatic shotgun during a Labor Day stop in Racine, West Virginia.

"I thank you for the gift, but I can't take it to the debate with me," Kerry told a cheering crowd as he held up the device.

[Kerry's gun bill would also ban any "gift" transaction. It is not clear if Kerry submitted to a waiting period and completed the required paperwork (a 4479 form) or Brady background check before he claimed the gun. Also, since the Gun Control Act of 1968 was passed, it has been illegal for an unlicensed individual (a non-dealer, non-collector, non-manufacturer, etc.) to obtain a firearm in a state in which you are not a legal resident.]

What a double standard. Would his remark in this day and age be considered terrorism or at least an implied threat? May he just wanted to protray himself as a he man. I will shoot the bunny, eat the bunny, and make a hat. He only does what benefits him all the while stuck with his foot in his mouth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: