SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Extensive interview with JOHN O'NEILL - Good read!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RV
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Extensive interview with JOHN O'NEILL - Good read! Reply with quote

John Hawkins: Now I've heard that you called George Bush an "empty suit," voted for Al Gore in 2000, and are giving all the money that your book,"Unfit For Command," makes to charity. Is all of that true?

John O'Neill: Most of it. I didn’t actually call George Bush an empty suit. I had made private remarks critical of George Bush, but not that one that I remember. I am giving all the money to charity and I did vote for Al Gore in 2000 and I voted for Ross Perot twice before that.

John Hawkins: Also, if the election were between George Bush and John Edwards, who would you vote for?

John O'Neill: I said a year ago that I would have voted for John Edwards. To be candid, I wouldn’t want to express what I would do today.

John Hawkins: I understand. After all the attacks he has made on you guys, you probably don’t have as many warm and fuzzy feelings about him now.

John O'Neill: I probably wouldn’t be as enthusiastic (laughs). I’ll probably stay better informed in the future.

John Hawkins: I know there are more than 250 members of the Swift Boat Vets for Truth, but do you have any sort of breakdown of how many there are who served with Kerry in the field in Vietnam?

Read rest of interview here:

http://www.rightwingnews.com/interviews/johno.php
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great interview! Nicely sums up the big events.

MJB
USAF '88-'92
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Hawkins: Let me ask you this, too. I think your group has driven Chris Matthews around the bend. Not only did he refuse to let you talk when you were on his show, but if you saw the episode with Michelle Malkin, I thought that was a real disgrace.

John O'Neill: It was terrible. I was sorry for Chris Matthews, really. If the purpose of a show isn’t to sit and exchange information, if it’s to simply rant and scream at people, then why bother to have guests? Why doesn’t he simply talk to a potted plant? He could sit and just sort of orate to a potted plant there and he wouldn’t have the frustration of the plant trying to answer back and, you know, he could have great television with the plant.

John Hawkins: Was he any different when you were off the air than when he was live? I’ve read an account of what happened with Michelle Malkin after she got off with him. Was he any different there?

John O'Neill: He was offensive from the time I walked in and when I left, I suggested to him that he shouldn’t bother to read the book, that it would confuse him, and I feel that way. There’s no reason for him to read the book. It would simply confuse him.

LOL!! Sounds like Mr. O'Neill is getting feisty about Matthews! O'Reilly treated Mr. O'Neill with respect for the most part, and O'Neill even thanked him for that. I'm glad to see O'Neill told the way he feels about the way Matthews acted!

Another very detailed interview of Mr. O'Neill with David Limbaugh can be found here http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/oneill01.htm

Last edited by ord33 on Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Good Read Reply with quote

It gets right to the point. Kerry not fit to be CIC.

RHV
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ord33 wrote:
Another very detailed interview of Mr. O'Neill with David Limbaugh can be found here http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/oneill01.htm

My favorite John O’Neill quote regarding the ever-changing Kerry Cambodia story:
Quote:
You know, we call this story St. Patrick’s Day in Cambodia. We figure, he thinks he was in Cambodia because he saw the green uniforms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: