SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In sprit of the...truth. hmmm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnchorClanker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: In sprit of the...truth. hmmm Reply with quote

I will defend Kerry as to one purple heart he got. I was there, people and I know what Im saying...
It was 1968, I, in the USN was on a covert mission for the Naval Security Group in Cambodia. I was given orders to RDV with a LRB (little rubber boat) and an officer named 'quack'. After I joined with him, we were to look for a renegade General that had 'estabilished' himself as KING of a Cambodian tribe.
As we went up the river, it was hard paddling, I was knocked out of the LRB many times as Johnny kept bumping into me. He always came back, as he was a generous and kind person, we would smoke a nice Thai stick and dry out after each incident.....(I cant remember how many times, could have been 12 or 13 sticks).
One day a monkey screached from the shoreline, and Johnny jumped up and doing so knocked me out of the boat (LRB) again. That monkey farted real loud and Johnny thought we were being assulted (good smoke...) So, brave and wonderful man as he was, thought I was the NVA swimming up to him, he grabbed the M16 and as he raised it, he shot himself. Thankfully just a scratch. He then ran like a scalded cat as fast and far as he could. About 100 feet as he wasnt used to paddling...
The REAL swift boats which were PBR's came to see what the commotion was about, started touwards us. My good 'ole Johnny came back to see if things were OK. He even ACTUALLY helped me to get out of the water this time.
I think he deserves the star and heart for all he did that day. If it wern't for him, I would probably be living with some Cambodian tribe...still smoking that evil Thai stick.
A TRUE AMERICAN HERO.
I will vote for Bush so we can go after that Camboidian tribe. Sorry Johnny.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: