SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Guardian slams Bush and SBVT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rovercop
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: The Guardian slams Bush and SBVT Reply with quote

Not so pleasant report from 'The Guardian'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,1300188,00.html

Email addy for those wishing to likewise write the author, Mr. Sidney Blumenthal (former senior adviser to President Clinton and Washington bureau chief of salon.com):

sidney_blumenthal@yahoo.com

The mud is flying. Mad

Rovercop
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry had delayed defending himself against the torpedoes of falsehood fired at his heroic military record by the Orwellianly named Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

Perhaps someday, in some publication, one of these 3 Card Monte rhetorical con artists will get around to actually REBUTTING one of the charges leveled by SBVT. How much longer do they think they can run with this scam?
ontheright
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How much longer do they think they can run with this scam?

My guess, 'bout 54 more days.
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When The Guardian comes out against you, you know you're on the right track.
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it very funny that they are back to Bush's TANG record. Problem is they know it's BS, but they follow the same thing they always have, say a lie enough and someone might believe it.

It looks to me like they want to be like the Swift Vet's but their problem is that the Swift Vets have a H*LL of a lot of TRUTH with a H*LL of a lot of FACTS to back them up.

I almost think that kerry has the three stoogies working for him running his campaign.
USAFBratToo
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: To Blumenthal: Bush vs Kerry - Crimes and Misdemeanors Reply with quote

My Letter to Sydney Blumenthal (The Guardian)

Such a nicely written piece in the Guardian - read like an exciting sports event - practically cinematic. That said - you wrote "Meanwhile in the White House, aides anxiously wonder how to explain the president's haunted past and his long years of hiding it and who will have the task of facing the cameras."

The only American voters who give a rodent's behind about Bush not making it to some of his Natl Guard meetings are the staunch democrats desperate to find something on Bush to balance the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth revelations about Kerry. Bush never claimed to have an heroic Vietnam War record; Kerry made that the basis of his qualification for the job of President, since as a Senator he did nothing. Back when Kerry was Bush's age and Bush was missing meetings, Kerry, an officer on active duty in the U.S. military, met with the enemy (that was when he, among other aid and comfort, sang the VC national anthem.) Legally, that is treason. So let's hold both of these 60-ish guys accountable for their crimes and misdemeanors of 30 years ago. Bush is in the misdemeanor category. Kerry? Crimes. Even if every charge levelled by the Swift Boat Veterans is ignored, holding Kerry accountable for his publicly documented actions means dishonorable discharge and prison.

Cynthia Kelly
California
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boston Globe has a story out today blasting, once again, Bush's military service. That's all well and and good in that its the same tired claims made over and over again, but notice this heading at the top of the article.

This article was reported by the Globe Spotlight Team -- reporters Stephen Kurkjian, Francie Latour, Sacha Pfeiffer, and Michael Rezendes, and editor Walter V. Robinson. It was written by Robinson.
The article was written by Walter V. Robinson. The same Walter V. Robinson who was found guilty of libel in 1987 for lying about the background of a Republican nominee for President in 1982, one John R. Lakian.

In "John R. Lakian v. Globe Newspaper Company & Walter V. Robinson", "the jury found that the defendants had published false, defamatory statements with knowledge of their falsity or while having serious doubts about their truth..."

This same Johnson was the originator of the "missing year" National Guard story about the President back in 2000.

It would seem as though this man has some serious credibility issues
http://sayanythingblog.com/archives/004018.php
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that after Bush's second term, he coud make a very good living winning libel cases over what's been said and printed about him this year.
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowy wrote:
It seems to me that after Bush's second term, he coud make a very good living winning libel cases over what's been said and printed about him this year.

Yea I bet edwards is drooling all over this Cool
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My email to Sidney Blumenthal.

Sidney,

I will concede that George W. Bush was a commissioned officer in the Texas Air National Guard during Viet Nam and spent some time in Alabama. Will John Kerry concede that he was a commissioned officer in the US Navy Reserves when he went to Paris to meet with and support the North Vietnamese Communists and their Viet Cong arm? Will John Kerry concede that he was commissioned officer in the US Navy Reserves when he called their Communist leader, Ho Chi Minh, the George Washington of Viet Nam? Will John Kerry concede he was a commissioned officer in the US Navy Reserves while he was a leader of the Viet Nam Veterans Against the War (VVAW)? Will John Kerry concede he was a commissioned officer in the US Navy Reserves when he and other leaders of the VVAW met in Kansas City and seriously discussed kidnapping and killing conservative United States Senators to further the VVAW cause? The FBI documents are all available at www.wintersoldier.com to show John Kerry if he has forgotten. He was not discharged until 1978 in case he didn't tell you.

SWIFTLY sinking John Kerry’s presidential bid will be the parade that millions of Viet Nam Vets never got and will provide a small measure of peace for those who’s names are on the Viet Nam Wall.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

integritycounts wrote:
The Boston Globe has a story out today.... It was written by Robinson. The article was written by Walter V. Robinson. The same Walter V. Robinson who was found guilty of libel in 1987 for lying about the background of a Republican nominee for President in 1982, one John R. Lakian.

In "John R. Lakian v. Globe Newspaper Company & Walter V. Robinson", "the jury found that the defendants had published false, defamatory statements with knowledge of their falsity or while having serious doubts about their truth..."

This same Johnson was the originator of the "missing year" National Guard story about the President back in 2000.

It would seem as though this man has some serious credibility issues

And incredibly, someone on this forum was trying to convince me that "the source" of a story didn't matter.

Oh really?
swiftsocks
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let 'em try......THE TRUTH NEEDS NO DEFENSE !
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why clowns like these aren't outed by the MSM if nothing other than trying to regain a little respect and dignity. If saying or doing anything to make sure your candidate wins is how you would like your news service known, then why bother trying to make people believe you are credible?

It seems that someone would have noticed that this clown has already been sued successfully for libel along the same lines. I wouldn't want the potential backlash of that news to be tied to my news service.
MadIvan
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Guardian is a left wing newspaper. Here in Britain, it's called disparagingly the "Grauniad" for its legendary misprints and spelling errors.

I wouldn't take it too seriously. They haven't really had that much in the way of good journalism since George Orwell wrote for the paper.

Regards, Ivan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: