SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LA Daily News: "Kerry's new Vietnam fix"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: LA Daily News: "Kerry's new Vietnam fix" Reply with quote

Perhaps I've overlooked it, but this is the first article I've seen that addresses Kerry's standing among the Vietnamese-American community...and it ain't pretty.

Quote:
Kerry's new Vietnam fix
Refugees of communist takeover won't forget, forgive his past
By Jan Golab
Los Angelis Daily News - Opinion
Saturday, September 11, 2004

"If you want to be president, you have to talk to everybody in America, and that is what we are going to do," Sen. John Kerry declared last July, when he spoke before the NAACP. It was a dig against President George W. Bush, who had declined an invitation to speak to that organization.

But there's no way Kerry will ever speak to America's 1.2 million Vietnamese-Americans, most of whom live in California. Many of California's Vietnamese-Americans will be in Washington, D.C., today to join with Vietnam Veterans Against Kerry, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and many thousands of other veterans in a nationwide protest.

Little Saigon, which straddles Garden Grove and Westminster in Orange County, is the largest Asian community outside of Asia. A Vietnam War memorial stands there, featuring a statue of a South Vietnamese and an American soldier, depicting U.S.-South Vietnam kinship. Some 70,000 Vietnamese-Americans live there, serving as an epicenter for the half-million Vietnamese-Americans who live in California.

When a Little Saigon store owner put a picture of Ho Chi Minh in his window in 1999, it triggered 50 days of large-scale demonstrations that made international news. "The anti-communist sentiment in this community is as strong, if not stronger, than anywhere in the world," says Garden Grove Police Chief Joseph Polisar. "The chances of John Kerry coming here are slim to none, and it probably would require a substantial police presence."

The Swift Boat Veterans have raised serious questions about Kerry's 1971 statements about American troops. Just as bad, however, were his naive statements about the enemy -- an issue that has largely been ignored by the media.

<snip>

San Fernando Valley resident Jan Golab is author of "The Dark Side of the Force; A True Story of Corruption & Murder in the LAPD."

Los Angeles Daily News - con't
larryivy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Orange County Reply with quote

The reason the Vietnamese are totally ignored is they are easily offset by the 700,000 granolas in Northern CA. They are used to not being courted by any democratic candidate.
Larry
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get em all out to vote, it sure won't hurt
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We want it all. MN, WI..... went DNC in 2000 and now are leaning RNC CA is in play and we want CA along with MA we want the entire country we even want DC we want this to be a historic event that will be taught to our children 200 years from now. Wherever you are get after it and get it done.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife is Chinese, she was born in Mainland China but grew up in Taiwan. The reason for that is that her family was on the anti-communist side that lost the civil war in China in 1949. No one in her family who lived through that time will ever forgive the Communists.
My wife is no fan of Democrats either, since it was Truman who failed to give enough support to Chiang Kai-Shek in the civil war. Unfortunately, most of the history of that conflict was written by Communists and their left-wing sympathizers.

This is the most accurate history I could find:

http://college.hmco.com/history/readerscomp/mil/html/mh_010300_chinesecivil.htm

There is nothing like losing your country to Communists to make you appreciate what freedom is about.

I think there are a lot of victims of Communism in America who recognize a traitor like Kerry when they see one and I'm sure they will do what they can to stop Kerry once they learn the truth about him!
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer2 wrote:
My wife is Chinese, she was born in Mainland China but grew up in Taiwan. The reason for that is that her family was on the anti-communist side that lost the civil war in China in 1949. No one in her family who lived through that time will ever forgive the Communists.
My wife is no fan of Democrats either, since it was Truman who failed to give enough support to Chiang Kai-Shek in the civil war. Unfortunately, most of the history of that conflict was written by Communists and their left-wing sympathizers.

This is the most accurate history I could find:

http://college.hmco.com/history/readerscomp/mil/html/mh_010300_chinesecivil.htm

There is nothing like losing your country to Communists to make you appreciate what freedom is about.

I think there are a lot of victims of Communism in America who recognize a traitor like Kerry when they see one and I'm sure they will do what they can to stop Kerry once they learn the truth about him!

Mine, too. Probably very similar stories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: