SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boycott 60 Minutes sponsors
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Boycott 60 Minutes sponsors Reply with quote

I've never cared so much about a politics in my life. I feel as if this country is in a fight for its soul. It's unthinkable that Kerry could be president. I get so terribly frustrated that the media is either biased or apathetic and most people are not getting a clear picture of how dangerous Kerry would be for this country.

I'm working on an email to CBS and Dan Rather now. I'm going to watch 60 minutes tonight and make a list of the advertisers. Then I'm going to write to each of them to let them know that I will no longer be buying their products. If enough people contact the advertisers maybe they will think twice before they slander Bush because Kerry is on the ropes.

Thank God for the swifties and others like them that are willing to take a stand.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post the list on this thread tomorrow so the rest of us can write these sponsers.
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted in another thread my email to CBSnews stating the same thing, anyone who sponsors 60 mins tonight will hear from me by email, and won't hear from my wallet.

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
RV
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this article:

http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=14993

It debunks everything the CBS' 60 minutes has to say about Bush's record.

It also tells you who Ben Barnes, the accuser is. Not a nice fellow. A real Crook!
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wrote a letter to CBS news telling them that I condemn their decision to run this interview, and that such behavior will result in monetary punishment of their sponsors. The link kindly given by a member of this forum is:
http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60II/main3475.shtml
if you scroll down all the way to the bottom you will see the contact us option.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: boycott 60 minutes... Reply with quote

dmackto wrote:
...this country is in a fight for its soul.

Thanks for an important reminder of what most supporters clearly see. Kerry took a chunk of it not only from Vietnam vets, but from all vets and indeed, from the country at large. We want it back and must prevail in this effort. I hope my participation will remove what has haunted me for 35 years.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I sent to my address book:

Quote:
I have sent the following email to CBS News 60 Minutes program. They are running a show tonight accusing Bush's family of pulling strings getting him into the guard. The accusations have already been disproven but CBS is going to run the story regardless.

Here is a link with information debunking the story they are running tonight.
http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=14993

If you dislike being fed propaganda by the main stream media I encourage you to write to them as well and boycott the products of the sponsers and forward this to your friends and family. Add your own email to CBS to it. Copy mine. Just do something.

All it takes for evil to win is for good men to do nothing.

Subject: boycott
To: 60II@cbsnews.com, rather@cbsnews.com

I have had enough of your absurdly biased reporting. I
am fed up to my eye balls with your propaganda.

I will be watching tonight as you attempted to slander
our president yet again with unfounded speculation and
accusations. I will be watching not because I am
interested in what you have to say. I will be watching
because I am interested in who is paying you for
advertising. I will be making a list.

The companies on my list will then be notified that I
will no longer be buying their products. I will
encourage others to do the same.

You should have been ashamed of yourselves after
Americans were beheaded as a direct result of your
treason in regard to the Abu Ghraib broadcast. You
should be ashamed of yourselves still.

Deborah Mackto

[/quote]

- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bach04 wrote:
I just wrote a letter to CBS news telling them that I condemn their decision to run this interview, and that such behavior will result in monetary punishment of their sponsors. The link kindly given by a member of this forum is:
http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60II/main3475.shtml
if you scroll down all the way to the bottom you will see the contact us option.

Thanks for that, rather@cbsnews.com was returned as undeliverable.

- Winston Churchill
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be emailing them today. I actually quit watching 60 minutes a long while ago due to their one-sided view but I'll be happy not to use the products of their sponser if I know what they are. I actually think the same thing needs to be done to CNN and the Times group of papers since they've lost all sense of balance.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, the bad thing here is that a lot more people see the ads CBS
ran for this segment than actually see the segment, and very few see
the evidence (old evidence at that) to the contrary. So, a good chunk of the country ends up thinking there is new, damning evidence...

If only MSM treated Kerry the same way. Heck, I'd be happy if they just treated him "fairly"! Smile
Nader might then get more votes than Kerry,
and probably would deserve 'em more too, not that I'm a Naderite!

BTW, as an engineer, I loved that line:

"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Where'd that one come from?
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you are catching on about CBS and Dan Rather. I often think that he must lay awake at night and see that young civilian's head fly off from the sawing of the machete by the terrorists, knowing full well they would use the Abu Gharib prison 'horrors' as their excuse. He is the one that ran with that story at such a critical time for our country, and he continues his biased assault on the current administration. Giving comfort to the ememy comes in many forms, and he and Michael Moore get top honors right now, as Kerry did in 71.
Daniel J. Hutchison
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: 60 Minutes Reply with quote

I to will also be watching to make a list of the sponsers on "60 Minutes" tonight. I agree totally with you and have sent an e-mail stating my position on campaign ads presented as "News". You will note that the time line for Kerry service on the CBS site is not ever accurate.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding suggestion--I'm in--All the way in--

To be truthful, it was down to the point where there were only two programs on CBS that I ever watched anymore and I notified the producers of both of those shows and CBS itself that I won't be a viewer anymore because of the horrific bias that CBS News in general and 60 Minutes in particular has demonstrated WRT this election--I'd like nothing better than to see the ratings of every show they run do tank so their advertising revenue drops to the basement--

Will be looking forward to the list--C
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul R. wrote:
!

BTW, as an engineer, I loved that line:

"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Where'd that one come from?
from the late Douglas Adams, writer of "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" and all noted sequels.

I didn't much care for Adams politics, but the guy had an uncanny knack for off the wall humor that appeals to me

Here are a couple of more.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.

One of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them: It is a well known fact, that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. Anyone who is capable of getting themselves into a position of power should on no account be allowed to do the job

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's on 60 minutes tonight? I don't usually watch it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: