SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

POW's testifying on Hardball NOW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: POW's testifying on Hardball NOW Reply with quote

Warner and others are being allowed to testify on Hardball now. It's good. Go there now.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris's face has the look of "I know its over". The arse that is the protester is a jerk.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The former VVAW member on the show said there was only ONE guy who was discredited, and he said he the difference was only between "sgt. & captain"... What is this guy talking about? Hasnt there been 11 guys that were proven to never have even been in the military at all? And the LEADER Al Hubbard didnt even fly missions in Vietnam like he said... This guy on harball is full of it
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken Campbell is the VVAW member. Did I hear him correctly that he said on TV seen round the world that he committed war crimes?
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT wrote:
Ken Campbell is the VVAW member. Did I hear him correctly that he said on TV seen round the world that he committed war crimes?

The 60's Project has the archives on the vvaw testimonies here
http://tinyurl.com/2qymp

Campbell's testimony is here. http://tinyurl.com/3wbzo
hope this helps..
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Did I hear him correctly that he said on TV seen round the world that he committed war crimes?"

You heard correctly.

Chrissy was awfully restrained tonight. He can fight the medals vigorously. He can object weakly to John's testimony. But he is defenseless against the POWs. This is the big winner that only the most depraved Lefties will take on.
________
Simca do brasil

Last edited by m_drummond on Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been lurking watching you guys do some great work. When I think that our guys were tortured while that POS decided that he liked the VC better than the US and decided to give them direct aid by supporting the enemy, I can't but wonder why the MSM doesn't show the timeline of all this happening. They should really include things like the prisoners stories, direct quotes from Kerry, the backing of Hanoi Jane, the VVAW's meetings and the like. Instead even O'Reilly tends to marginalize the stories coming from these brave men.

They really don't get it. Kerry's actions showing he was a traitor and (heaven forbid) if he were to win the election he would further erode our military and turn the reins over to The UN (France in particular).

I have donated to the SBVT and will do so again...I am proud of you and your service. I was Army, my son joined the Navy after 9/11.

Please continue to hammer away for our kids sake. Thanks again.

Jim
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, unlike Kerry, I did not travel to that SE Asia Theater, but I also didn't cook the books making myself sound like a great war hero and would never turn on my country.

With the right connections and enough money even a bruise can look like a dire wound.
Tilly
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Hardball last night.

Chris Matthews got this sucker punched look on his face like he does when he trips over a fact. Same look he had in 2002, when the repubs cleaned up in mid-term elections ... and said "This is an incredibly popular president ...."

Well done, guys! And, so long overdue.

Thankyou.
ghiapaul
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Mathews was unbelievably quiet during the whole show. When Warner brought up that his captors told him Kerry's statement would be used against him during a trial, Mathews had nothing to say. It was great to see him with that stupid look on his face.
1966 - 1969
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get away with calling the Swiftvets "cesspool vets", but I doubt anybody has the cajones to slime the POWs. That might even piss McCain off enough to get him off the dime.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: POW's Reply with quote

The MSM might have the nerve to question 1 POW but all of them. I doubt it. They know that type of slime would back fire so bad on Kerry he would never recover.

RHV
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but the question is, can he afford to NOT dispute the POWs? Their testimony is devestating to Kerry. Between a rock and a hard place comes to mind. There are several MOH winners in the bunch, let's see Kerry call them liars. If he does, some vet is going to punch Kerry's lights out, I would think.
Sandra C.
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Our local POW Reply with quote

I know what another POW thinks, Geo. "Bud" Day, living and practicing in my local area. I posted his press-release letter in the Swiftboat forum with his name in the title elsewhere on this site, but the main paragraph says:

"While opposition to my legal efforts to restore WWII/Korea era earned medical care by the Bush Administration was discouraging, the Kerry Vietnam anti-war movement directly encouraged the vicious torture I received as a POW in the Hanoi Hilton, was demoralizing for other POW's and their families, and provided aid and comfort for North Vietnam to continue the war."

+++++++++++++++++++++

Bud is just an all around decent guy, who was also McCain's cell mate, and don't think he would speak against what McCain thinks or says (ie, kerry) unless he felt he had to speak up. Which, of course, he must have felt was important because of the budding rise of the Great Pretender, the War Hero(tm) j. kerry.
Poposwife_Retiredarmywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a link to follow to watch Hardball?

Thank you,
Lorelei
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: