SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Senator Harkin on Fox re: 60 Minutes Bush

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Townsend
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Senator Harkin on Fox re: 60 Minutes Bush Reply with quote

Please come to the aid of this party! Where did I read that Harkin said or led us to believe he had served in Viet Nam, when he did not--his military service was elsewhere. If he did lie about it, why does Fox use him to say Bush is lying. You will be doing my blood pressure a favor if you tell me I heard wrong about Harkin lying about his own service. Still no pleasure to listen to him.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Townsend,

Was Harkin actually appearing on Fox or were they using a videotape of him railing about Bush's service? Last night, I saw a videotape and Fox was using it as a lead-in to the forgery story.
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the story on the Honorable Mr. Harkin....

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110005496

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
Townsend
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning he was one of three on Fox News commenting on the 60 minutes program, scoffing at the fraud possibilities. Don't know where I heard about the Vietnam claim.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Townsend,

Thank goodness I wasn't watching TV this morning when Harkin was on. That would have ruined my breakfast!

Just how big was that shovel he was using (either to shovel the BS or dig a deeper hole)?
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Townsend,

You might want to lie down to keep your blood pressure as low as possible. You heard correctly about Harkin.

The link to the WSJ article above spells it out in detail.

I though folks from Iowa had higher standards than to continually elect a bald-faced liar to the Senate. Guess I was wrong.

Maybe the RNC should file this info - and Harkin's current conduct re: the Kerry-Bush campaign - away for use in his NEXT reelection campaign.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was from Iowa, I would be deeply embarassed. Harkin could hardly keep the drool in his mouth at his press conference yesterday, wasting no time calling the President all sorts of things.

Of course, I live in Massachusetts, so I have plenty on my plate, with the likes of Kerry, Kennedy, Frank etc....... Thank God for Mitt Romney!
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who can forget how overjoyed Tom Harkin was as he stood behind Howard Dean during his history making "scream.:

Boy oh boy. Tom Harkin sure knows how to pick winners. What an embarrassment to the good people of Iowa.
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"They" now have 3-4 talking points--Bush failed to have the physical, he had a 6-month gap in Boston, etc. Harkin kept stressing these points and insisting they are true. The announcer did stop him and say something like, "Senator, weren't you waving those memos around yesterday and spouting off about what they meant. What will you say if they do indeed turn out to be fakes?" Harkin responded that they only led credibility to the talking point "truths" he kept reiterating.

Harkin is incredible to say the least. How can these guys put themselves out in public like they do when their backgrounds have been totally discredited and their characters so besmirched? Harkin, Bill Clinton, Teddy K, JFnK, and on and on . . .
Townsend
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a fast confirmation--doesn't help my blood pressure or our food go down, but lives up to what I've thought of Harkin.
Just heard Pat Caddell (democrat spokesman) on Fox, saying (with horror) that the Kerries have enmeshed themselves so firmly on the side of the questioned documents, that if the docs prove fraudulent, the race is over. So I guess I should be saying, Go Harkin, Go!
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Democrats had IDEAS to run on. They might be reasonably competitive in the political arena.
This latest TANG issue is more evidence of their desparation.

Plus, The Democrats DO NOT own the microphone of the Media Chattering classes anymore. Dems still have to come to grips with that, and they haven't.

So be calm. WE ARE learning alot here.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: