SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THOSE DOCUMENTS ARE FAKE
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mastour
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: THOSE DOCUMENTS ARE FAKE Reply with quote

I'm just a bit concerned that this can turn around and bite everybody in the rear if they turn out to be legit. The MSM is after all the MSM. These guys are going to cover for themselves, because if the masses start looking at one of them with a jaundiced eye, then they might start to get worried that they all will be looked at the same.

Let's not get overly excited about this until they have been proven to be fakes.

Admin note: Given your current impression that the documents ARE, indeed, fake, the topic has been amended
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mastour:

99.9% sure. I just don't think that a typewriter of any kind would produce a document that could be reproduced EXACTLY by several (tens? hundreds?) of people using MS Word (on both Mac and PC, from what I can tell). There's just no way.

It's not just one piece of evidence, it's 10 or 12 or 15 pieces, some of which alone aren't proof but when taken as a whole, are damning.

Also, CBS's three versions of "we vetted those documents thoroughly," "uh, we read them over the phone to someone who knew Killian," to "we're having frantic meetings" is suspect. They have more than one story. Sounds rather like Kerry, dontcha think?
Interested
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plus you have the son and wife of the deceased calling the documents 'suspect' at best
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The raving moonbats response to the wife and son's comments is, "What would THEY know? They weren't with him!" (You think I'm kidding, don't you? I'm not.)

Now I'd think that if Killian thought highly enough of Bush to pin his flight wings on, that would indicate something.
Mastour
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Look. I've never been so pumped about an election in my whole life. I can't believe they were this stupid though. It's sophomoric the way Kerry's camp has been running things. I'm not one into conspiracies, but man, you have to start wondering about some of the ones out there.

I was in Intel in the AF from 86 to 93. Spanish Linguist type. Interesting times, but nothing like these. Had to get out because good old Clinton started his social experiments in the military. Too much for me.

Much thanks to the Swiftees for all there hard work. Wish I could do more and probably could if it wasn't so political. I work for NCIS and would love the chance to open something up on this guy.

Anyways, great job and let's see where the chips fall. I don't hold much hope that it will go far. A mea culpa and lo siento and back to the business of bashing Bush. Let's just hope the masses look at this and start asking questions.
spudhorse
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know -- if similar documents had shown up about Kerry, there would already be a call for a Congressional Investigation. All the proof needed would be something like ' "The third comma in the second sentence looks like it might have come from a laser printer" said unnamed sources close to a high school computer teacher.' And Michael Moore would be announcing the release of his next documentary. I'd go on but I'm just too disgusted by the MSM.

I'm also really disgusted by 60 Minutes. Once upon a time, I thought they did a tremendous job exposing fraud and deceipt. Now they are the fraud and deceipt.
grandforker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night, I caught part of an interview that Alan Colmes did on his radio show with a retired Air National Guard colonel. I didn't catch his name. I believe that he had been with the Texas ANG.

Colmes brought up the CBS documents and cited them as proof of Bush lying about his ANG record. The colonel said that he'd seen the documents and thought that they were fakes. Why? He said that they didn't even have IBM Selectrics in their offices and the documents were obviously prepared on something much better than a Selectric.

This colonel said that he knew Bush had received his physical because he drove him to it. He also said that he had spoken to the doctor who gave Bush the physical. The doctor reminded the colonel that he had driven Bush to the doctor's office for the physical.

When asked by Colmes, the colonel readily admitted that he was a Republican and had given money to Bush's campaign. Colmes acted as if that debunked everything the colonel had said. I found Colmes performance disgusting.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan is face down in the Kool Aid and going under for the third time on this one--With W pretty firmly ahead in the polls, if this is true, it's very unlikely that Kerry will be able to overcome it and they all know that--Colmes and all the others will cling to the hope that those documents are for real as long as they can because once it's definite that they're forgeries, they've got little left to support anymore--C
Tex25
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm i am not sure if this has been discussed but where is the Signature?
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSM remind me about the old story of the optimistic boy who finds himself in a room full of manure. He starts digging around excitedly. When asked why he was so happy he replied "With so much poop around, there must be a pony in here somewhere!"

With the MSM it seems that no matter how much proof is presented that George W. is an honorable man who served his country honorably, it is still worthless poop to them. They remain hell bent on finding their "Pony"
mjanay
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 100% sure that these the memos were not printed on any typewriter available in 1970.

I'm thinking about offering a $10,000 reward to anyone that can accurately duplicate them on a 1972 typewriter.

There is no way.

MAybe $100,000 this is a totally safe bet.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Are we sure... Reply with quote

grandforker wrote:
...I didn't catch his name....

I believe his name is William Turnipseed. He was not very compelling but the truth came out and the nuts had to accept it.
hammondb3
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it fake? Just look here...

www.jimroofcreative.com/may19.gif

I did this myself. The MS Word document was scaled and rotated to match the CBS .pdf. Additionally, a small amount of skew was applied to the entire Word document to mimic the distortion caused by photocopying the '1972' document.

No alterations were made AT ALL to the charcter, word, line and paragraph spacings.
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Mastour! Who let you in here? Laughing

Do you work for Kerry?

I think it's been fairly well established that the documents are fake. Hell, his own son doesn't believe his father would've typed memos like that even if he used a time machine to move into the future for access to machines not invented yet....

Laughing
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is becoming obvious that the memos were not printed from a typewriter in 1971. The arguments about fonts and superscripts and all that stuff is pretty convincing. Now, I think its just as important that the substance of the memos be scrutinized. If the it is proven that the docs came from a computer, I have a feeling that they may try to pull some argument that the memos were subsequently transcribed at a later date. There will be some type of argument that the memos were not the origninals, but transcriptions or duplicates and they will blame it on some clerical error.

Now that the hounds have snuffed out typewriter discrepencies, its imperative that the same hounds keep digging to invalidate the substance of the memos. I share mastour's caution only because I know how shady these people can be. We must be prepared for any type of explanation and it may not be enough to say that the memos did not come from a 1971 typewriter. The substance must be attacked with equal fervor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: