SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

President Bush's Address in Houston

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fleepster
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: President Bush's Address in Houston Reply with quote

Greetings:

If anyone has reviewed the documents on CBS's website, you may have noticed that a portion of one of the memos, just after Bush's name, was blacked out. I just tried accessing the docs from CBS's website, but the links don't work and the website locks up. Not sure which memo it is . . .

In any event, I could read through the black-out the followin address: 5000 Longmont #8. Anyone else able to verify that reading?

I did a Google search for Houston -- it's in Harris County, if I did my search correctly (otherwise, there are at least two Houstons in Texas). Smile

I searched the county tax assessor's records to see if I could find out anything about that property. There are a series of properties listed as being located at 5000 Longmont. Note: The zip code is different from the one given on the memo (I suppose it's not unusual for zip codes to change -- we've had new ones in the last 20 years even in my fairly rural county across the water from Seattle). All the properties have a lot number, including a Lot 8.

My question is: Does anyone know whether George Bush lived at 5000 Longmont #8 when that memo was supposedly written? Is there anyone in the Houston area who can do a search of the county records to see who owned the property in 1972-73? The owner might remember renting the property to a young lieutenant who later became governor of Texas and President of the United States.

I confess that I have not spent time reviewing Bush's service-related records. Perhaps Bush's address is a matter of public record already. If it's not a matter of public record, then someone either did some major investigation to track it down and verify it (there might be a trail to follow), or the memo may be real.

Any thoughts?

John
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: