SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An attempt to get Kerry's betrayal of U.S. out of the news?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: An attempt to get Kerry's betrayal of U.S. out of the news? Reply with quote

Is this an orchestrated attempt to get John Kerry's betrayal of the United States out of the news? I think this is working against Kerry. Does anyone know how this is being presented elsewhere?

I would hate to think that this discussion is taking peoples mind off of the traitor Kerry.

CBS is clearly in the hands of the DNC now and should be treated accordingly.

-------- copied this ---------

That the memos are real or not is not important. What *IS* important is that the smear was put out there and the Bush campaign is being forced to defend itself. Now they have already lost Barlett and they are in meltdown.

The first rule of a GOOD smear campaign is to drop the bomb and let the target pick up the pieces. They did the same thing to Kerry with the Smear Boat clowns. Got it?

ATTACK - When you are explaining or defending, you are losing - so for the love of God Attack! - Karl Roves prayer to the faithful

------- end of copy -------

Pete Bartow
USMC 75-80

Last edited by openfish24 on Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, this is just another hole in his Swift Boat.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like it's an attempt of sorts.

John Edwards has been saysing that Americans are tired of the Swift boat stuff and they have moved past it.

I haven't and I won't until that POS signs that 180 form!

He needs to explain VVAW and meetings in Paris too!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRun Hunter wrote:
John Edwards has been saysing that Americans are tired of the Swift boat stuff and they have moved past it.

Bwahahahahahaha! Twisted Evil He wishes!!!!

How out of touch with reality do you have to be to spout this kind of nonsense?
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's an attempt to divert attention, IMO it's a bit ill advised.

A condemned criminal can cheat the executioner by hanging himself, too. Isn't exactly productive in the long run, though.
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: An attempt to get Kerry's betrayal of U.S. out of the ne Reply with quote

openfish24 wrote:
Is this an orchestrated attempt to get John Kerry's betrayal of the United States out of the news? I think this is working against Kerry. Does anyone know how this is being presented elsewhere?

I would hate to think that this discussion is taking peoples mind off of the traitor Kerry.

CBS is clearly in the hands of the DNC now and should be treated accordingly.

Pete Bartow
USMC 75-80

Bingo. I think its good that the memos look forged and CBS is in hot water, but we have to hope for a backlash to hurt Kerry. Bottom line is after August and the Republican Convention, the Dems and big media did everything they could to take the focus of Kerry and put Bush back on the defensive. So far I'd say its about a 50/50 success. I dont think Bush is on the defensive, but Kerry has hasd a bit a reprieve from negative press. For example, weak stories in the media cycle getting too much play:

Bush guard service
Cheney's comment in Iowa
National Debt
1,000 casualty

Stories getting underplayed in the news cycle enough:

Greenspan's coments to the Fed; the economy is growing
Kerry's flub that soliders dying in Iraq are "fighting the war on terror"
Swift Vets
declining unemployment numbers
Kerry flip flopping on Iraq, he would do "everything different" now
Kerry using Dean's stump speech
Kerry's abysmal poll numbers

Its clearly a game to shift momentum, focus on the others negatives and put the other candidate on the defensive. This is why Begala and Carville were hired to attack Bush and put him back on the defenisive. Kerry has big media behind him so its tough. We have to hit a home run with memogate or otherwise it is a net gain for Kerry simply because it took him off the defensive when he was really on the ropes.

By the way, Fox news reported that the Swiftees are responding with an 80 million nation nwide ad campaign. He can run but he cant hide. A left uppercut after a solid right cross. Keep it coming Swiftees
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: