SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's working - keep it up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: It's working - keep it up Reply with quote

I have a good friend who is a lifelong Democrat. He would never vote for Bush. Thanks to the Swiftvets, he's voting for Nadar.

I have a black friend who has always voted exclusively for Democrats. She just called and asked me for the urls for my blog and for the Swiftvets site. Smile

I have another friend who can't stand Bush and things Kerry is the only other choice. He's now considering both Nadar and the Libertarian candidate. (He doesn't like Kerry either, just thinks he's the lesser of two evils.)

One by one, we're making progress. I read today that Kerry has lost 28 percentage points in the "youth" vote. Those are the youngsters who didn't know anything about Kerry but are plugged in to the Internet culture. They read blogs, they see the hypocrisy, and they are abandoning Kerry in droves.

You never know who could be influenced by your just telling them what you know and pointing them in the right direction. They don't have to vote for Bush. They just need to not vote for Kerry.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So lets see, the youngster are deserting Kerry the older people usually vote conservative. whats left? ex hippy liberals? how many are there?
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They all work for ABCNBCCBSCNNWaPoNYTimesLATimesBostonGlobe, et.al. Very Happy
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow can you link me to the poll abt young people, this is REALLY surprisng to me.
ontheright
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ex hippy liberals? how many are there?

Too damn many! Very Happy

To go along with the theme of youngsters - my son (23) was playing cards with four of his friends the other night. The subject of the election came up and they all said the were NOT voting for Kerry.

There's hope for these whipper-snappers afterall!
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagl,

Are you the author of The Cathedral, the Bazaar and Blogs ?
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might be in for a land slide here soon as I know only 2 people that are voting Democrat. One is so hung up on abortion and the other is a young black girl who is just hung up on the "All repubs are racist" thing.

To me it seems like this is the week or today was the day that it all changed. Rather jumped the shark and Kerry might be dead in the water for good if this gets back to him as well the new swift boat commercial.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people don't like traitors.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Working Keep it UP Reply with quote

The young voters spend more time on the web than looking or listing to MSM sources. Lets hope the trend continues. Heard on Fox earlier today that the polls were tighting up some. Long way to go to election and Kerry and Dems will continue to do anything to win. Need to keep getting the message out.

RHV
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another thing most people don't like: Dirty tricks. Also, no one likes to stay aboard a sinking ship (especially the "Titantic" generation).

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: