SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Demo tactis regarding CBS documents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Demo tactis regarding CBS documents Reply with quote

The DEMO'S TACTICS HERE IS QUITE CLEAR. If they bring up the Bush AWOL issue first and the media spends any amount of time on it, when Kerry's 3 1/2 years as being AWOL will seem only like a Repulican response and smear attack. Sort of tit for tat. Regardless that while Kerry was still in the active reserves he went to Paris and committed other crimes that he could be punished for, they are just trying to muddy the waters first. Biding their time. This is a classic Clinton tactic, look for more of them as the Kerry teams has Bill's crownies onboard.
CBS is just blantantly showing their bias in the media and Rather will only duck and dodge the source questions as crediable. Dan Rather LOST all credability years ago.

Steve Christensen
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HODGES SAID HE WAS MISLED BY CBS:

Retired Maj. General Hodges, Killian's supervisor at the Grd, tells ABC News that he feels CBS misled him about the documents they uncovered. According to Hodges, CBS told him the documents were "handwritten" and after CBS read him excerpts he said, "well if he wrote them that's what he felt."

# Hodges also said he did not see the documents in the 70's and he cannot authenticate the documents or the contents. His personal belief is that the documents have been "computer generated" and are a "fraud".

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/NotedNow/Noted_Now.html
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Demo tactis regarding CBS documents Reply with quote

stevec wrote:
The DEMO'S TACTICS HERE IS QUITE CLEAR. If they bring up the Bush AWOL issue first and the media spends any amount of time on it, when Kerry's 3 1/2 years as being AWOL will seem only like a Repulican response and smear attack. Sort of tit for tat. Regardless that while Kerry was still in the active reserves he went to Paris and committed other crimes that he could be punished for, they are just trying to muddy the waters first. Biding their time. This is a classic Clinton tactic, look for more of them as the Kerry teams has Bill's crownies onboard.
CBS is just blantantly showing their bias in the media and Rather will only duck and dodge the source questions as crediable. Dan Rather LOST all credability years ago.

This story is bigger then you realize. I am assuming your somewhat young probably mid 20's? For older people CBS 60 minutes once epitomized honest investigative journalism. CBS for the last 30 years has always ranked at the top of most watched program and for them to now come out with a partisan attack not only undercuts their credibility, but all of the MSM's credibility. This is a monster story which will have a huge repercussion throughout all news outlets in this country.

Last edited by GenrXr on Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True I agree, but by the Dedmo's trying to pass this one off, whne Kerry's 3 1/2 years ob being AWOL come to light, it will just be reduced to We said, they said. We attaked Bush for being AWOL and they try to attach Us/ [Kerry] for being AWOL. Then they can cry, what's next? Then they'll start playing the pity card.

Steve Christensen
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I'm actually 45 and remember CBS being honest.

Steve Christensen
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I'm actually 45 and remember CBS being honest.

Steve Christensen
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevec wrote:
True I agree, but by the Dedmo's trying to pass this one off, whne Kerry's 3 1/2 years ob being AWOL come to light, it will just be reduced to We said, they said. We attaked Bush for being AWOL and they try to attach Us/ [Kerry] for being AWOL. Then they can cry, what's next? Then they'll start playing the pity card.

You might be right, but my culture radar tells me this is a nail in the coffin of the MSM.

Btw, when I was growing up there were 2 things I always watched with my father. From the early 70's to the mid 80's we watched every heavyweight title match and nearly every Sunday 60 minutes show. Some point in time they both lost credibility and unfortunately my father and I lost that bond of sharing those two moments. It is sad for me to see this happen to 60 minutes.
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your culture radar is right on. Geeks and others might want to read this article that I blogged today - The Cathedral, the Bazaar and Blogs

The world is changing, and the old media is being left in the dust.
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was mid 90s when we gave up on 60 minutes, about when 48 hrs and all those other imitation shows came out.
GenrXr

That is unbelievably beautiful.

Did you write this blog "The Cathedral, the Bazaar and Blogs" baldeagl?

Last edited by GenrXr on Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

it was mid 90s when we gave up on 60 minutes, about when 48 hrs and all those other imitation shows came out.
JCJR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagl wrote:
Your culture radar is right on. Geeks and others might want to read this article that I blogged today - The Cathedral, the Bazaar and Blogs

The world is changing, and the old media is being left in the dust.

Good ideas!

BTW, the Blogoshpere might turn out more practical than the original tome about the glories of open source software.

Not slamming OSS, but there is plenty of room to debate both sides of that issue (GRIN). Once a software project grows to millions of lines, there can be advantages to have full-time paid masochists to maintain code, rather than a thousand guys who work an hour a month (that is, if they feel like it)...

OTOH, this CBS forged document story seems to show a big advantage of a million eyes concentrating on a news bug.

I'm out of touch with the blogoshpere. Spend most waking hours as a code masochist.

Is this CBS thing the first time the blogoshpere had a LARGE effect on a story? Have we just witnessed a little bit of history, or is this a minor Blogoshphere event?
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCJR wrote:

Is this CBS thing the first time the blogoshpere had a LARGE effect on a story? Have we just witnessed a little bit of history, or is this a minor Blogoshphere event?

It is the downfall of CBS news so I would say its pretty big.

Last edited by GenrXr on Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Ever heard of Swiftvets.com?

They pretty much altered the landscape of the Kerry campaign. So I've heard.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
Quote:

Ever heard of Swiftvets.com?

They pretty much altered the landscape of the Kerry campaign. So I've heard.

Aye cipher,

It is the Swifties that have made America turn the camera on themselves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: