SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here's how we can take action against CBS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
directorblue
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Here's how we can take action against CBS! Reply with quote

1) If you are a shareholder of Viacom, call 1-800-516-4399 (Investor Relations) and politely tell them that Dan Rather's fraudulent and biased reporting is destroying the brand equity of CBS News and hurting the value of the entire network. As a shareholder, you will not stand for someone destroying the CBS brand name.

2) If you are not a shareholder, call 1-212-258-6000 - press 6308 (not sure which one did it, but I got to the voicemail directory, say the name of Mel Karmazin, and leave a voicemail politely expressing your desire for CBS to rectify the situation immediately before what little brand equity remains with CBS News is completely eradicated).

Other names you can leave messages with: Sumner Redstone, Richard Bressler (CFO), Michael Fricklas, and William Roskin.

If you're stuck with what you should say, try the following:

"As a [prospective] shareholder, I'm extremely dismayed with CBS News' use of what appear to be fraudulent memos and ignoring key accounts that counter the story they tried to tell regarding President Bush's Guard service. They have effectively destroyed what little brand equity remained with the CBS News name! These acts are decimating shareholder value and I believe that senior management must take action before the entire situation implodes. Thank you very much. My name is [ ] and my phone number is [ ]."

Be polite, but make your point!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: