SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New polls from Time and Newsweek

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whacker77
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: New polls from Time and Newsweek Reply with quote

Both Time and Newsweek released new polls today. Both continue to show Bush in the lead although Newsweek shows some of his post-convention bounce dissapating. Time still has the race at 52-41 while Newsweek shows the race at 49-43. Bush's job approval rating in Time rose to 56%, but it had dropped to 48% in the Newsweek poll.

At first glance, there is a noticable difference between the two polls. But, the Time poll reflected likely voters while the Newsweek poll reflected only registered voters. Throughtout the year, Bush has held a stronger advantage in the likely voter group.

I hope that Bush's lead is 11 points, but I suspect it is closer to 7 or 8 right now. Dan Rather can't be happy after this last week. Bush is still up in the polls and Rather looks to be an even bigger fraud than previously thought. I guess the press will move on to their next silver bullet, Kitty Kelly.

What does everyone think about these new polls?
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll start to be happy when election day is over and Kerry gets less than 10 electoral votes TOTAL....

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

gilliam
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: New polls from Time and Newsweek Reply with quote

Whacker77 wrote:
Both Time and Newsweek released new polls today. Both continue to show Bush in the lead although Newsweek shows some of his post-convention bounce dissapating. Time still has the race at 52-41 while Newsweek shows the race at 49-43. Bush's job approval rating in Time rose to 56%, but it had dropped to 48% in the Newsweek poll.

At first glance, there is a noticable difference between the two polls. But, the Time poll reflected likely voters while the Newsweek poll reflected only registered voters. Throughtout the year, Bush has held a stronger advantage in the likely voter group.

I hope that Bush's lead is 11 points, but I suspect it is closer to 7 or 8 right now. Dan Rather can't be happy after this last week. Bush is still up in the polls and Rather looks to be an even bigger fraud than previously thought. I guess the press will move on to their next silver bullet, Kitty Kelly.

What does everyone think about these new polls?

Kerry's support is really shallow. That means they don't really like him and can be pursuaded into either not showing up to vote or voting for Bush.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody is voting for kerry, some will vote against Bush. I would encourage those who can't vote for Bush to vote for nader, or who ever the other socalist canidates are.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather is a washed up commie lover,,,how could this guy keeps his jobs after slandering a sitting President .

Last edited by rparrott21 on Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting comment about voting against Bush.

Does anyone have any facts or just thoughts of the
"likely voter" factor among those who are going
out on Election Day to vote against a candidate
versus those who believe in their candidate?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the "likely voter"
ranks among the Democrats is going to be low.

I hope it rains on Election Day. Wink
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to go to NY City for a death in the family on the Sunday before the RNC convention. It gave me an opportunity to see many of the lunatics marching up 7th Ave. I can tell you this: I did not see one pro-Kerry sign or button or anything. In fact, I saw more Nader signs. The only placards, signs and buttons people wore were specifically anti-Bush. This was also coroborated by Novak in his column this week. He noticed very few Kerry signs. What this tells me--as we all now know--J. F. Kerry's support is very weak. And, if any of those lunatics I watched on that Sunday are any indicator, I suspect many of them do not vote.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kerryites that I know are vehemently Anti-Bush more than Pro-Kerry and I simply cannot understand that rationale (except in a few rare cases where their issues and beliefs contrast drastically)...most appear to be 18-45 and have no knowledge of what actually went down in 60's 70's and 80's. With the internet literally on their cell phones, they cannot distinguish an urban legend from reality, an opinion or lie from what's real..they seem to base their opinions on opinions and are too lazy to research. They think 1000 casualties is the end of the world...SEA's 58000 was before they were born...we left buddies over there, they didn't; yet Iraq is the worst thing that ever happened. "It's an oil thing, we have no right to be over there" Oil or no Oil, right or no right, they seem incapable of doing the math that we are honoring today(9/11), to realize that 3000 dead 9/11, because we were blindsided, is a larger figure than 1000 dead in Iraq. How many died at Pearl that Sunday Morning 63 years ago? Well, we went and kicked butt severely for that, and re-elected that President 3 more times even though a lot of people didn't like him (according to my parents)!! (Wasn't it 3?) anyway...

They don't understand why so many of us disapprove of the Kerrys and Fondas and (remember?) 'Peaceniks'...they don't understand how offended we are.

If they want to take Kerry's sensitive war to these nuts who've sworn to wipe Americans out, they're asking for the frozen snake to bite them when they take sympathy and warm it up. It's a snake's nature, you know. Kill the dang thing...don't let it in your house.

Overall, they're about as clueless as Kerry. And they believe whatever MSM spews out.

And now, I'll get off my soapbox before I fall off....
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off to the geedunk, shortly. Two minute warning..... Wink
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonar5 wrote:
I'll start to be happy when election day is over and Kerry gets less than 10 electoral votes TOTAL....

Amen

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Whacker77
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also wondered how feelings of anger translate into actual votes on election day. It has always been my feeling that simple rage only goes so far. It didn't work for Republicans in 1992, 1996, and even during the midterms of 1998. In the end, candidates have to be for something.

Since the Democrat primaries, commentator after commentator has talked about how unified the left wing base is. We hear all about the rage the left has for Bush and their desire to vote out Bush. It seems that is beginning to fade as we enter the home strecth (I hope).

The first I heard of this came from Joe Scarborough during the Republican convention. He said he had heard from pollsters that a certain portion of the elctorate was just saying Kerry but really intended to vote for Bush. Maybe they were too embarrassed to say "Bush" for the pollster. Either way it's beginning to show (I hope).

We don't hear many stories about how mobilized and revved up the left wing base is anymore. In fact, we hear just the opposite. The republicans are united for Bush while the democrats are split between anti-Bush and pro-Kerry. We even hear stories about how Kerry needs to unite his base and then head for the moderates.

For now, I think this shows how a candidate needs to be for something rather than just against someone. The SBVFT exposed Kerry for the opportunist and fraud he is and have done the nation a great service for the second time. I just hope the good news keeps coming.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonar5 wrote:

Was it Mondale who didn't even carry his own statre (minn.)? I think he won only one state (Mass.)

Or am I thinking of MacGovern?

Sam
vet_supporter
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, the job's not done until Kerry's percentage is NONE !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: