SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting things about memogate....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pandora
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Interesting things about memogate.... Reply with quote

This is what I can find, mostly online about memogate... it's rough, but seems a bit interesting... I wonder if there will be any sort of public investigation... anyway here is what I can find searching the web...

Lt. Col Bill Burkett - Suspected source of forged CBS documents
Burkett was the primary source for James C. Moore's hit piece book on Bush titled "Bush's Brain"
Sent email to democrats, offering hit items against Bush, claims he spoke with Kerry adviser Cleland, and Cleland stated he wanted to hit Bush back (context using Burketts claimed documents). Burkett is hostile to Bush and disgruntled.

James C. Moore author of "Bush's Brain" a Bush smear book and Bush's war for re-election, is affiliated with CBS by way of CBS affiliate KHOU-TV and was seen on the CBS Bush hit piece interviewed by Dan Rather. Thus Moore is mostly a filter for Burkett. Read more about the problems with Moore and Burkett (in particular Moore ignoring others who claimed Burkett was full of it) at the liberally biased Boston Globe »www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/20.. James C. Moore currently works for Salon online.

Enter Bill Hambrecht, chairman and CEO of W.R. Hambrecht and Co. »money.cnn.com/2001/08/09/news/salon/ who rescued Salon from bankruptcy by investing in it.

Bill Hambrecht has a business partner George Soros »news.com.com/%22Bluebird%22+sings+to+L.. they work together with Atipa as an example (see link).

George Sorros funds moveon.org, and his business investment partner bill Hambrecht funds Salon, which pays for James C. Moore to work on his books and blast away at Bush. Soros is a primary fund for money to attack Bush.

Enter Attorney David Van Os - Democratic Activist
Who now represents Burkett
Who helped represent Al Gore in 2000
A labor lawyer with tight DNC connections and labor connections.
A Democratic Candidate for Texas Supreme Court
Travis CountyDemocratic Chairman 1996-1998
Of San Antonio, TX

Within this mix, appears Ms. Mary Maples (who was involved in CBS bashing Bush during his first election when she produced hit pieces against him when a black man was killed by white racists).
Maples has interview with Burkett
Documents arrive at CBS via Burkett-Maples and Kinkos (Kinkos claims to be uninvolved regarding any content of materials faxed ).

David Van Os has connections with Rather through Robin Racher who is Dan Rathers daughter and a fund raiser for the Travis Country Democratic Party which David Van Os headed a short while ago. Dan Rather spoke to raise $20,000 for the Travis Country Democratic Party to help his daughter and the Democrats, and of course David Van Os (Burketts Lawyer).

Todd Phelan was organizer of the above fund raiser, but is also organizer of Austin4Kerry.org which has Ben Barnes as featured speaker.

Volunteer.johnkerry.com publicizes events for austin4kerry.org and helps garner funds for speaking fees for Ben Barnes.

Jock Gill hosts url greaterdemocracy.org which has videos of Ben Barnes which are linked from austin4kerry.org, Jack Gill is a former "technology wonk" of Bill Clinton.

There you have it, Rather and Maples sit in the eye of a democratic smear campaign, and both have involved themselves willingly to target Bush with known fraudulent documents as part of a DNC smear campaign.

I'd point out the above is what I can make out right now, based on no official investigation... one wonders what will be discovered if it's officially researched.
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Did This Go To Any Media Outlets? Reply with quote

Hi Pandora!
That is great work!
It is more than sufficient for any aggressive and willing staff to launch and investigation formal or otherwise.
Thanks for a readable report. If you have not shared it with any news groups, might I suggest Hannity@foxnews.com ??
Dan Rather dissed FoxNews on national television today.
Make it a great day.
Mary Ann Parker
Boundless
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Did This Go To Any Media Outlets? Reply with quote

> Dan Rather dissed FoxNews on national television today.

CBS (and "60 Minutes" in particular) has made a name
for itself doing "ambush journalism".

Today may have been Grima Rathertongue's first taste
of it from the "subject" side of the lens, at the hands of
the upstart network taking share from CBS.

I imagine the Kerry camp has called CBS and said:
"thanks for your help to date, but we won't need any more."
Pandora
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Did This Go To Any Media Outlets? Reply with quote

Mary Ann Parker wrote:
Hi Pandora!
That is great work!
It is more than sufficient for any aggressive and willing staff to launch and investigation formal or otherwise.
Thanks for a readable report. If you have not shared it with any news groups, might I suggest Hannity@foxnews.com ??
Dan Rather dissed FoxNews on national television today.
Make it a great day.
Mary Ann Parker

Thanks, I too your advice. Somehwere I hope someone puts it together... I cannot believe today that CBS did not apologize to Bush. How awful that Viacom uses public airways to push a partisan agenda, I hope some day the FCC reviews this... Viacom (owner of CBS) is using it as a 527, and it's not in the public interest imho for them to continue to enjoy licenses to broadcast over any public airway Sad The networks and those who own them don't fear not serving the public interest, thus they feel it's ok to align themselves along partisan lines... it's time the FCC shakes things up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: