SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does this spell the end of the Democratic party?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
directorblue
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Does this spell the end of the Democratic party? Reply with quote

The CBS/National Guard documents are, without question, forgeries. The typeface is bogus (font, kerning, line-spacing, superscripts, and "auto-centering" of text) , the dates are bogus, and the key General mentioned had been retired for many months at the time they were purportedly written.

Worse, CBS sought and then ignored, direct testimony from the reputed author's son (a pilot who served with Bush), wife, and other key personnel who all disputed the possibility that the memo was authored by Killian. And CBS misled General Hodges in a phone interview, telling him the documents were handwritten. Further, Ben Barnes' (the key figure in the CBS story) own daughter dismissed her father's charges as "political and opportunist", motivated by the opportunity to cash in on a Kerry administration.

And yet, despite massive and conclusive evidence of fraud, CBS News is fighting, tooth and nail, to hold the line by claiming that the documents are real. These are not the traits of a news organization. These are the traits of unabashed propagandists: Josef Goebbels and Pravda come to mind.

Result: the "CBS News Brand Name" has been destroyed. As the Powerline bloggers put it on the Hugh Hewitt show: CBS News needs corporate adult supervision from Viacom to set things straight. The CBS News brand, once the most valuable name in the business, has been utterly and completely eviscerated by this latest debacle.

CBS has no more credibility now than Pravda had in the days of the Politburo. And there's more to that analogy than you may think. Here are some frightening facts:

1) CBS' fact-checkers (Mr. Magoo and the late Ray Charles?) completely missed the fact that the documents were poorly-conceived forgeries;
2) Once the forgeries were discovered, CBS did not reinvestigate the documents or re-interview the witnesses in question;
3) CBS, instead, stonewalled and disavowed the very possibility that the documents could be false, using a defense known as the 'divine right of Kings' (Hugh Hewitt: "that defense hasn't worked in centuries, and it isn't working now");

Some more frightening facts: this isn't the first time that CBS and other major media outlets have seemingly linked hands with the Democratic party and launched a coordinated attack on the GOP.

CBS does not have a news organization. They are the Pravda to the Democratic Party's Politburo. They continue to suppress the truth. They continue to stifle dissenting opinion. CBS News acts as though it is managed by Communists, Islamofascists, or complete incompetents. Either way, CBS News must be completely gutted and overhauled. The evisceration and reconstitution of CBS News will not be pretty. And this revolution won't be televised.

Are there links to the DNC? According to the American Spectator, the Democratic National Committe (yes, that DNC) may have provided the forged documents to CBS.

If this turns out to be true, the DNC is a co-conspirator in a fraud of massive proportions. A fraud that would help them regain the American Presidency. A fraud designed to change the course of history.

What does it say about the Democratic party if it is so desperate that it is willing to use forged documents in pursuit of the presidency?

What does it say about a Democratic party if it conspired in a fraud so poorly conceived that it was exposed in a matter of hours?

What does it say about a Democratic party that stations anti-American cult hero Michael Moore in its Presidential box at its convention?

What does it say about the Democratic party whose leadership meets with groups tied to terrorists? And then pushes their rogue agendas?

The Democratic Party is Dead. This is no longer your father's Democratic party. This is not the Democratic party of Roosevelt, Miller, and Truman.

This is a Democratic party that has been subsumed by the Far Left. This is a Democratic party that has been hijacked by Anarchists, Communists, Islamofascists, and Hollywood.

And this is the party that the Anybody-but-Bush crowd has hitched their wagon to. But the real Democratic party is no more. And now... there will be hell to pay.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen, brother.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has often been said that if the Dems don't win this election, the party will, for all intents and purposes, have lost any relevance it once had--And, with Kerry behind in the polls and this new scandal hanging over his head and even their Senate Minority Leader in serious danger of losing his bid for re-election (Please Lord!!), it appears that that may be exactly what is happening--The fact that the best they had to offer in this monumentally important presidential election was this mind-numbingly boring specimen who has no significant record of accomplishment in a 20-year Senate career but does have a troublesome record of betraying those whom he should have fought most diligently to protect, the POWs, after he returned from Viet Nam, a man who can't generate any real following on his own merits but hopes to be elected based on dislike for his opponent, ought to tell them something about what their party has become, but it apparently hasn't--

One has to wonder what will become of our two-party system as the DNC, with it's headliners such as Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, and Robert Byrd, fades into utter insignificance--Only time will tell--C
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Does this spell the end of the Democratic party? Reply with quote

directorblue wrote:
And yet, despite massive and conclusive evidence of fraud, CBS News is fighting, tooth and nail, to hold the line by claiming that the documents are real. These are not the traits of a news organization. These are the traits of unabashed propagandists: Josef Goebbels and Pravda come to mind.]

Micheal Moore would make these guys blush

directorblue wrote:
1) CBS' fact-checkers (Mr. Magoo and the late Ray Charles?) completely missed the fact that the documents were poorly-conceived forgeries;
But they contained all of the democratic talking points and that looked like news to us. But hey, we thought the Hitler Diaries were real and we read everything Kitty Kelly writes.
directorblue wrote:
2) Once the forgeries were discovered, CBS did not reinvestigate the documents or re-interview the witnesses in question;
Deny Deny Deny
directorblue wrote:
3) CBS, instead, stonewalled and disavowed the very possibility that the documents could be false, using a defense known as the 'divine right of Kings' (Hugh Hewitt: "that defense hasn't worked in centuries, and it isn't working now");
Bill Clinton us told it would.
directorblue wrote:
Some more frightening facts: this isn't the first time that CBS and other major media outlets have seemingly linked hands with the Democratic party and launched a coordinated attack on the GOP.
You thought there was separation of powers? Yes the press is the 4th branch of government but it's in bed with half of it.
directorblue wrote:
CBS does not have a news organization. They are the Pravda to the Democratic Party's Politburo. They continue to suppress the truth. They continue to stifle dissenting opinion. CBS News acts as though it is managed by Communists, Islamofascists, or complete incompetents. Either way, CBS News must be completely gutted and overhauled. The evisceration and reconstitution of CBS News will not be pretty. And this revolution won't be televised.

I wasn't watching anymore anyway.

directorblue wrote:
Are there links to the DNC? According to the American Spectator, the Democratic National Committe (yes, that DNC) may have provided the forged documents to CBS.
Why do you think we call them our reliable government sources

directorblue wrote:
If this turns out to be true, the DNC is a co-conspirator in a fraud of massive proportions. A fraud that would help them regain the American Presidency. A fraud designed to change the course of history.
Well they think we stole Florida too.
directorblue wrote:
What does it say about the Democratic party if it is so desperate that it is willing to use forged documents in pursuit of the presidency?
Nothing that we didn't already know.
directorblue wrote:
What does it say about a Democratic party if it conspired in a fraud so poorly conceived that it was exposed in a matter of hours?
They are getting sloppy
directorblue wrote:
What does it say about a Democratic party that stations anti-American cult hero Michael Moore in its Presidential box at its convention?
Not so fast there director blue. They made him sit with Carter and this was Carter's first invite too. We are not sure who they were dissing here Jimmy or Moore?
Plus Carter still has a few shreds of integrity and morals left and that really pisses off most dems. So maybe they were dissing Carter?

directorblue wrote:
What does it say about the Democratic party whose leadership meets with groups tied to terrorists? And then pushes their rogue agendas?
They call it diplomacy.
directorblue wrote:
The Democratic Party is Dead. This is no longer your father's Democratic party. This is not the Democratic party of Roosevelt, Miller, and Truman.
Sadly there is still a 35-40% of people that hate whoever the Republican president is. Of this group about half of them are the super left Kerry crowd who think they are the mainstream. The rest of these are former democratic officer holders and appointees that now work objectively for the press.
directorblue wrote:
This is a Democratic party that has been subsumed by the Far Left. This is a Democratic party that has been hijacked by Anarchists, Communists, Islamofascists, and Hollywood.
No this is who they have always been.

directorblue wrote:
And this is the party that the Anybody-but-Bush crowd has hitched their wagon to. But the real Democratic party is no more. And now... there will be hell to pay.

Well they still like the name Democrat Party because the "Screw America First Party" doesn't really roll off the tongue.
I'm done
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be slammed for this but...

I sincerely hope it DOES NOT mean the end of the DNC. The very essence of our political system is opposing dialog. Despite all the rhetoric currently flying in this forum, others and the media, there is a core group on all sides whose values and morals are very similar. Yes, we have differences of opinion on issues and at times those differences can become heated but they all have the same goal:

The betterment of our fellow man and the continued prosperity of our nation.

The very fact we have these diverse opinions and are allowed to express them speak volumes of just how strong and able our country is. The actions of a few should NEVER be a telling point in the disbanding of a political party such as forwarded here. Simple party affiliation should never be a deciding factor on who is right or who is wrong and in this forum we're seeing that.

There are members here who come from all walks of life and all party sides. The very founders of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth prove that. They consist of Independents, Republicans, and yes, Democrats. They came together with a common goal and a firm commitment that has weathered many a storm and I'm confident they and we who agree with them will see through the storms on the horizon.

Yes, there are "radical" elements on both sides whose actions get lumped in with the party they seem to side with. Each of us must recognize them for what they are and stay firm in our resolve that our country is strong. That with intelligent dialog, concerted discourse and yes, even heated debate, we will continue to strive to meet the aforementioned goal.

I became a member of this forum because I firmly believe that John Kerry is not fit, nor capable of being our representative to the world. I don't base my view on what may or may not have occurred in Vietnam but rather, what has happened since. 34 years of deceit. 34 years of public life without standing firm on a single issue. I further believe this is one man that does not see, nor will ever strive for our common goal.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree wholeheartedly, GoophyDog. We can't afford to lose an effective, honest "opposition" party (which we are perilously close to, already).

Single party political systems, however well-intentioned, have a pretty poor track record.
Michmaddave
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take on this, for what that is worth, is that we clipped them good! We contacted the nose with a roundhouse, and CBS is now clearly third among the network news agencies who are distancing themselves from CBS, and CBS will soon be struggling for it's life. They should be panicking and will soon have to "overhaul" it's news agency CBS News, and will end up being more tame with more palatable family programming in order to survive, or if they don't they will not survive. They will try to figure out how to make more connection with the real culture in the US.
The Democratic party has not yet been tagged with this clearly yet. If they get away with it they will keep their heads down on such activities throughout the rest of the political cycle. (thank God) If not, they will also take the hard hit to the nose. (Both black eyes) They will try to spin and squirm out of it, but if they are truly tagged they will have to either 'come to Christ' or they will be totally isolated and marginalized. There will be no way out but confession and regrets, and apologies, at which point they are the #2 party for the next 50 years. The trick is to get them to that point... CHECKMATE!!!!
We are on the way to that, well along the way, but there is much more to do to make that happen. We are dealing with about 40 years of deceit and self deception.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully it will be the end of the way the Democrats have been running their party. This would also be an excellent time for moderate Democrats to step in and gain control. It would be so good to hit the hay every night knowing that no matter who is in the white house that they are doing their best to keep us safe. This could be a lesson for Republicans as well, never let the extremists take over, it never works.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the whacky left element of the DNC party does get destroyed, we still need opposing parties but you never need extremists like Mc Awful, Gore, Bob Kerrey, Tom Harkin, Ted Kennedy or John Fraud Kerry
directorblue
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Yep Reply with quote

Chuck Z, yep, that was why I wrote the original post. I have many traditional Democratic ideals, yet the Democratic party with which I was familiar in my youth is no more. It has been hijacked and its principles polluted by the Way Left.

A new Democratic party will arise... of that I am certain. But it will be more centrist and aligned with the values that make America great.
knightowl77
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: This country does need a party of democrats Reply with quote

But that is a party that Zell Miller and Ed Koch could belong to...

Not the one where you now have Terry insane McAulife now claiming that Karl Rove leaked the forged memos to embarass the Democrats!

Oh my Lord!

Why is he the head of the DNC?
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this article on Lucianne.com about the memos and the Kerry campaign very interesting:

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=3833

Debbie
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I questioned that reference earlier in the main TANG thread (somewhere around page 22 or so, here: http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=64287#64287 ). The consensus opinion at the time was that the reference was outdated, and not readily available for review (as in online), and further superseded by another document, futher muddying already boiling waters.

I am glad that someone has picked up on this, as citing regulations is critical in any orders or memoranda, since improper citing can lead to complications in a court-martial, should one be convened on the basis of the order.

Taken with the mechanical context, the content having glaring errors is yet another set of nails in the coffin.

I'm a firm believer in the belt-and-suspenders approach, expecially since CBS (i.e., Dan Rather) are saying that REGARDLESS of the mechanical faults (!), the message is the more important aspect of the "overall story".

So, seeing the content debunked and fisked to death and beyond is not only necessary and required, it is essential in combating the spin machine.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. You are ordered to report to commander, 111 F.L.S., Ellington AFB, not later than (NLT) 14 May, 1972 to conduct annual physical examination (flight)IAW AFM 35-13.

To sorta sideways paraphase Vince Lombardi: Timing isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing.

There must be some significance to that 14 May 72 date. Some timing hangs on that date, perhaps to validate another bogus memo, or to account for someone being in a certain place at a certain time.

This needs closer examination.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things..
1) IF the democrats were behind the memogate..then major problems.

2) IF the President wins by a huge margin..(we pray he does)..major problems.

Why?
Pat Cadell, a democratic stategist..and a pretty fair political advisor..is lamenting today on Fox News ..he is pretty convinced that something stinks with these memo's..he said that if the Democratic Party is behind these memo's..not only is this election over, but his party will be damaged for years to come..He was genuine in his remarks, and very harsh toward the party.

Now, is the Party done? I too hope not..I wish they could once again represent those that call themselves Democrats with some sense of vision, positive American values..and quite the hateful attacks against those that do not agree with them..they are in for a huge problem.

They will need to throw out the old guard..and build a positive message..starting with retiring a few ancient Senator's..Kennedy, Byrd, Harkin..fresh faces, fresh ideas..postive alternatives..a belief that America is not the problem..but, I fear until they get trounced or embarassed..they will not.

For those of you who are Dems..I am sorry that the Party has left you..I have a few Dem friends who are so disheartened by this choice of Kerry, truthfully? They wanted Howard Dean. No matter what we think of Dean, he at least was truthful, when he ran, about how he felt..Kerry? Well, my opinion? a sacrifical lamb..so that Hillary has a free run..But, lets wait unitl 2008 for that debate.. Wink

Just a Republican's view..bias maybe, but how I see it..
PD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: