SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Theory about the two "missing" memos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Theory about the two "missing" memos Reply with quote

I have a theory about why we only saw four memos at CBS but all six at USA Today.

The 02 February 72 memo did not include the word MEMORANDUM, it began "Harris" (rather than "TO:" or nothing at all), and it did not have a signature or initials in the signature area. The format is obviously not any official format.

The 24 June memo has a funky date ("24 June, 1973" note the comma after June), the last line of the address is missing, "Subject" is not in all caps, and it begins "Sir:".

The most damning thing about that memo to me, though, is the capital "J" in the signature. The authentic signatures have a pair of curves like two loops made by a Spirograph. The "J" in this signature has a point in the top. The K doesn't look right, either. Oddly enough, the "illian" looks more like the real signature than any of the others.

I think that CBS cherry-picked the docs that it thought stood the best chance of slipping by, not realizing that the two other memos would be discovered. I found them before I saw anyone else mentioning them because they were linked from the awolbush site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: