SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnam Veterans WIVES Against Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
25thInfGIJoe
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Vietnam Veterans WIVES Against Kerry Reply with quote

John Kerry has forced not only the Vietnam Veterans who served with Honor and Dignity and Courage to re-live the nightmare, but thier families as well. 35 years later, I have to see that un-explainable look on my husbands face as all this unfolds night after night. I cannot tell you how it makes me feel after he had finally gained a shred of himself back, finally feeling proud once again to wear the medals he was awarded, finally speaking a bit about some of what happened when he came home. Finally letting some of it out instead of holding it inside. Finally... a little "peace" of mind. Now I walk lightly again, now he has nightmares again, now he is angry again, now he has that look again...now the medals are off the hat because some idiot called him a baby killer in the gas station and he doesn't want to go back into that dark place and beat the s--t out of some moronic kid who watches too much MTV and CNN.
For this alone, I would personally like to see all the families and wives have a one on one with the coward. My husband did his job- no hero in his tragedy...he HATES the word "hero" referenced to him. But he is MY hero. All of you are my heroes and I thank you now because I was too young then .Welcome Home. A Vietnam Veteran Never Gives Up...Neither does his wife. Kerrry chose Vietnam as his platform and now we choose the truth. Vets earned the right to speak, not I. But I just needed to say Thank You for this Website, for all who served and for all who have the wisdom to know the difference.
God Bless Our Vets...Past, Present and Future
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

25th, your words are powerful and more importantly, the TRUTH.

I would never presume to put myself in your category as my husband was not "in country" {in a few other pisshole countries} but not in combat. My bother was in combat for 2 {full} tours and my then boyfriend was also as a demolition expert. He came home, well, guess you know how that was.

Now I see my husband with tears every night when he comes home. Every morning he's like a bear. I can just imaging what our combat vets must be going through if this is how my guy is reacting!! Everyone that wore a uniform took the abuse when they came home. But more importantly, they all cared about our wounded, our losses, MIAs & POWs. Did you know that one of our MIAs was just returned & buried on Sept. 3? It hit me like a brick in the head when I found out.

All of this with K Fn Kerry is bringing up years of pent-up anger and frustration. It's absorbed in our hearts. Thank God for the Swifties and this great group of supporters. It's a place to begin to regain our personal power and do something productive after all these decades.
It's the TREASON that eats away at my husband & I...

My prayers are with your family. Please Thank your husband for his service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: