SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Humble Ad Suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joesmoe25
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Humble Ad Suggestions Reply with quote

I just got finished reading "Unit for Command" and I want to say that I have great respect for you guys standing up to tell the truth about John Kerry. My whole family is behind you guys 100% and we are ashamed at the way you are being treated by the mainstream media in this country.

Having said that, I am concerned that some of your ads might be missing the mark. I humbly make the following suggestions:

One of the most important points that I think your ads should strive to show is "why" John Kerry did some of the stuff that he did. In the book, it is extremely clear that Kerry's motive was his own political advancement and that he didn't really care who got hurt along the way. I don't feel like your ads are conveying that message very well. For instance, the "Gunner" ad could have been much more effective if you would have described "why" Kerry said he was in Cambodia. Had you first explained that Kerry used that story on the floor of the Senate to make our country look bad simply for political leverage, then it would have been much more effective when you described that he lied. The American people not only want to know that someone lied, but they want to know why they are lying. Some Americans, specifically undecideds, might not be too concerned simply because someone lied. But putting it in context makes it much more effective.

The second point I have is on subject matter. Having read the book, I am much more concerned with Kerry's secret trip to Paris to meet with Communist leaders and radical group plots than I am with Kerry throwing away his medals. As a veteran, I definitely understand the value of military medals and would absolutely never throw mine away. But given the reality of "campaign fatigue" I think it is important to focus on the more critical messages first. And I personally think the American people will be much more concerned about Kerry's Communist connections than an anti-war demonstration. I am assuming that you guys will be bringing ads on these topics to the air soon. I just hope that America hasn't gotten sick of campaign ads by the time they are released.

Thank you for your service in Vietnam and back here in the states today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: